The Student Room Group

A bomb explodes in Londonderry, Northern Ireland

http://www.news4jax.com/news/international/police-investigating-suspected-car-bomb-in-northern-ireland

It's more likely to be Troubles than Muslims (but who knows), and I suspect it's Protestant because it's in Londonderry (why bomb your own city?).
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dead-on to be an act of dissidence because they phoned in a warning. Outside a courthouse, thus likely a breakaway republican group.
(edited 5 years ago)
Moved to news and current affairs
why would the IRA do this ? the UK is imploding due to Brexit.... why waste good Semtex ?
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
why would the IRA do this ? the UK is imploding due to Brexit.... why waste good Semtex ?

There is no 'the IRA' any more, not in the old sense. Ironically, Brexit is probably the best-shot democratic precursor to a democratically won united Ireland. Silly to hark back to the old days like this. I can't imagine anyone in Derry really wants it.
Reply 5
It has? It starts. The minefield is open again. Only the Irish call it the troubles. Rest of UK have stronger terms for it.
Reply 6

Bear... this is the tip of the Brexit iceberg. Just wait until the poisoned dwarf opens fire. Nuff said.
Original post by Vinny C
Bear... this is the tip of the Brexit iceberg. Just wait until the poisoned dwarf opens fire. Nuff said.

:bear: = :afraid:
That's it. I have been waiting for an excuse to join the Royal Anglians, and here it ****ing is. The enemy is on the move.
Ireland should be Irish, Brexit would be so much smoother if we just give back Northern Ireland.
:bear: = :afraid:

Quite... we have played right into her hands.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Ireland should be Irish, Brexit would be so much smoother if we just give back Northern Ireland.

So you can jump up and down, ban all the protestants and re invite the Nazis, the Spanish and anyone else who hates England. No thanks!
Reply 13
Original post by Vinny C
So you can jump up and down, ban all the protestants and re invite the Nazis, the Spanish and anyone else who hates England. No thanks!

Irish rebels wouldn't have even been a thing if not for continued violent subjugation of the native Irish. Collusion doesn't happen in a vacuum.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
Irish rebels wouldn't have even been a thing if not for continued violent subjugation of the native Irish. Collusion doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Subjugation is a thing of the past and treating North and South exactly the same is what makes it work. That is what Brexiteers do not realise.
Original post by muthalganesan18
http://www.news4jax.com/news/international/police-investigating-suspected-car-bomb-in-northern-ireland

It's more likely to be Troubles rather than Islamic (but who knows), and I suspect it's Protestant because it's in Londonderry (why bomb your own city?).

why the hell do you say islamic?
that reply wasnt about you mate.
stop the hypocrisy
Derry. I have no doubt that the whole border issue has started this.
Original post by Vinny C

What are you even talking about?
Reply 19
Some of my mates are harping on about it being a Five operation to stoke tensions. Possible, sure, but hardly likely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending