The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

When does LSE starting sending out offers?

Does it only start making decisions after the January 15th deadline?

Scroll to see replies

LSE Admissions calendar says it starts sending offers in Mid-November
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Last year, the first offer for Bsc Economics was given on the 8th December. Last last year it was 2nd December, and for the 2016 cycle it was 11 November. I'm anticipating this year they'll probably start around mid-late December(I might be completely wrong though) If this stands, I'm guessing most people will hear back in January, but then again some people got their offers at the end of March last year according to the lse 2018 applicants thread. Just (try to) stay calm and wait. They'll probably take ages like they always do...

some LSE economics stats for you: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/l100_economics_application_stati_8
(edited 5 years ago)
January/February is when most offers go out. I wonder if they were waiting for Oxbridge offers to be completed first.
Got an offer for International Relations and Chinese today; so about now, though the aforementioned course is a little niche, so it's not necessarily representative of what you may have applied for.
I got my offer today, therefore I presume anytime now
someone got a law llb offer today
every other offer will be sent in january, the admissions office (at least for law) is taking a lil break
Reply 7
still waiting :frown: none from my school got any updates
Original post by Iamlucky
still waiting :frown: none from my school got any updates

only a small portion of lse applicants got the offers before x-mas. the vast majority of people still left in the game are still waiting. perhaps today something will happen #hopeful
Reply 9
One person from my school got accepted and two have got rejections, I'm still waiting for (hopefully) an offer. All the best to those waiting!
:smile: Got mine in late Jan/Early Feb 3 years ago
Original post by KhushiC
One person from my school got accepted and two have got rejections, I'm still waiting for (hopefully) an offer. All the best to those waiting!

May I ask which programme did you apply for? And what about the other two who got rejections?
Reply 12
Original post by SomMC1
i wouldnt be surprised if they changed their tactics and will only give out offers once Oxbridge rejections(and offers) occur from 9th+ Jan.
lse seems to have fully changed everything about admissions this year and perhaps this is one of the changes.

that being said, someone is reporting they got a BSc Economics offer today ~40min ago. Not sure if troll or nah. lets see if more people get offers today!

What has changed about admissions? But yeah what you are saying might be true, this Friday we should probably expect something given that Oxbridge decisions are out now
Reply 13
Original post by dnjswngh
May I ask which programme did you apply for? And what about the other two who got rejections?

As I said, I haven't heard back yet - applied for bsc environment and development. I don't know the course of the guy who was made an offer. One of the two people who got rejected had applied for IR if I'm not mistaken and the other had applied for two courses - one being math and eco and his other course I'm not sure - maybe something with stats
Original post by KhushiC
What has changed about admissions? But yeah what you are saying might be true, this Friday we should probably expect something given that Oxbridge decisions are out now

Last year and the years before that LSE had a system which they religiously followed.
1) Within the first 2 weeks you get an acknowledgement email, which then means you move onto the next stage of the process
2) For the next 8-12 weeks you are in the 'Further Assessment'. At the end of this period, you are guaranteed an offer, rejection or waitlisted.
3) If waitlisted you wait for until LSE decides to give u the offer/rejection, perhaps till 31st March.

With this system, I should have my offer by now.

LSE stopped doing this. Now LSE only gives the acknowledgment email AND the offer/rejection email.
Reply 15
Original post by OxbridgeRejectTT
Does it only start making decisions after the January 15th deadline?

I applied November 28th and got an offer on Jan 19. I think they make decisions after January 15th for the 'near UCAS deadline' applicants.
Original post by jertiny
I applied November 28th and got an offer on Jan 19. I think they make decisions after January 15th for the 'near UCAS deadline' applicants.

Which course did you apply for?
Reply 17
A&F
Reply 18
Hey, does lse not accept having a second language at higher level if you're taking the IBDP? There's nothing mentioned about this on their website.
Go check their requirements page. It is exactly as what they say there.

Original post by KhushiC
Hey, does lse not accept having a second language at higher level if you're taking the IBDP? There's nothing mentioned about this on their website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending