The Student Room Group

Who agrees?

The US should stop all arms sales, military support and other aid to Saudi Arabia
Original post by Fayeeeee
The US should stop all arms sales, military support and other aid to Saudi Arabia

Sure, they will buy it off us instead then.

It’s a pipe dream as long as there’s still Saudi oil
Saudi Arabia is the USs bitc*, let’s be real, the main culprit behind the 9/11 bombings were Saudi Arabia, but since they hold huge amounts of oil the US makes a deal, you give us oil and we give you resources that are far less useful in the long term.
No ......its not the fault of the Americans ....it's the bastuurds who pull the trigger.

Why should business suffer for the woes of the middle east where life is cheap .
Original post by paul514
Sure, they will buy it off us instead then.

Britain already sell arms to them all that will happen if US stop selling to them is the lost of jobs in US and they buy them from somewhere else.

I think they should so I can start selling it to the Saudis.
Original post by looloo2134
Britain already sell arms to them all that will happen if US stop selling to them is the lost of jobs in US and they buy them from somewhere else.

Yea they can buy more from us

Why do you believe this?
Reply 9
The US will never stop, if you go into when Saudi Arabia was founded, the US has been a long term ally of Saudi Arabia since its creation of a country. (Mainly because of USA and SA stance on Iran). To stop selling arms to SA would put an end to this long alliance, so no.
Saudi's provided the manpower but Israel provided the brains for 9/11.
Reply 11
Original post by onefunnybunny
Why do you believe this?

Personally I don’t believe this as it’s unlikely the USA will ever stop, however I am curious for others opinions
Personally I don’t believe this as it’s unlikely the USA will ever stop, however I am curious for others opinions

No, my question is WHY should the US stop, according to your belief (disregarding the probability of that occurrence).
Reply 13
In the Middle East, you're pretty much torn between Iranian influence or Saudi influence. The West has an interest in the Middle East, non-intervention isn't a realistic option - too many things are at stake: the peace of many Middle Eastern states, the future of Israel, the position of Russia, militant groups like ISIS.

We have never assumed those who we work with are perfect or that we will find ourselves in complete alignment with them. The UK, for example, worked with a communist state - the Soviets - and an apartheid state - the Americans - to win the Second World War. We didn't much care for these things, yet internationally you will achieve nothing alone.

Saudi Arabia would be a pretty unpleasant place without British and American influence. We are, however, a positive influence on them and they serve the purpose of keeping a relatively stable peace in the region. Meanwhile Iran not only allow, but are complicit in, undermining democratic governments and attacking our interests.

I wouldn't piss on the House of Saud if it was on fire, but without the work we have done with Saudi Arabia the Middle East would be in a much worse position than it is now - not only for us, but for the people who live there.
Reply 14
Why is Saudi Arabia even singled out here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending