The Student Room Group

This guy won't leave me alone.

He's a r/nice guy and I know he speaks to other girls as well as me, but every time I try to avoid him or I block him he gets really angry and sends one of his mates after me (which I found bizarre because it's not like he's got a shortage of girls). I find him weird and creepy to be completely honest. I don't know him too well, he dm'd me on social media and it went from there.

I really want to rid of him but I'm scared he'll do something. He has my phone number and follows me on social media. What can I do? I know this is the result of my own stupidity and I will not give out my phone number again.
Original post by Anonymous
He's a r/nice guy and I know he speaks to other girls as well as me, but every time I try to avoid him or I block him he gets really angry and sends one of his mates after me (which I found bizarre because it's not like he's got a shortage of girls). I find him weird and creepy to be completely honest. I don't know him too well, he dm'd me on social media and it went from there.

I really want to rid of him but I'm scared he'll do something. He has my phone number and follows me on social media. What can I do? I know this is the result of my own stupidity and I will not give out my phone number again.

What do you mean he sends his mate after you? Do they hurt you?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
What do you mean he sends his mate after you? Do they hurt you?

No, that sounded off sorry. I meant he tells his friends to tell me to unblock him and speak to him, etc etc. We’re both 18/19 so why he does this just seems childish to me.
He is a waste of time.
Report him on social media and to your school. Tell your parents and screenshot every interaction you have had with him. This guy should not be harrassing you like this and you need to make a clear stance with him that this is harrassment, you do not want to be in contact with him and if this continues from him or his friends then you will be taking matters further (eg. School or police.)

He acts like that but you call him a nice guy?

Tell him to summarise in 3 bullets what he finds so special about you and go from there.
Tell him to his face you hate him. He'll get the message
Reply 8
Original post by Miss Maddie
Tell him to his face you hate him. He'll get the message

I really want to I’m scared of his reaction however.

Tell him to summarise in 3 bullets what he finds so special about you and go from there.

What’s that going to do?

Original post by Rock Fan

“Nice Guy” you know the kind
Reply 9
Original post by SoftGingerCat
Report him on social media and to your school. Tell your parents and screenshot every interaction you have had with him. This guy should not be harrassing you like this and you need to make a clear stance with him that this is harrassment, you do not want to be in contact with him and if this continues from him or his friends then you will be taking matters further (eg. School or police.)

He does not go to my school, will my school be able to do anything?
Reply 10

Nice guys are guys who act nice not because they are but because they want sex. Their rationale is ‘I was nice to you therefore you owe me sex’. Often when they get rejected they become rude and aggressive. r/niceguys is a funny subreddit exposing these people
(edited 5 years ago)

"Nice guys" are called that because they always call themselves that. "I'm a nice guy, why don't nice guys like me ever get a chance?" and then as soon as you reject them they turn into Norman Bates.
Here this explains..
Original post by BenK64
Nice guys are guys who act nice not because they are but because they want sex. Their rationale is ‘I was nice to you therefore you owe me sex’. Often when they get rejected they become rude and aggressive. r/niceguys is a funny subreddit exposing these people

Original post by TommyDH
"Nice guys" are called that because they always call themselves that. "I'm a nice guy, why don't nice guys like me ever get a chance?" and then as soon as you reject them they turn into Norman Bates.
Here this explains..

Nothing nice about someone being aggressive just because they got rejected.
Nothing nice about someone being aggressive just because they got rejected.

I know... the label is deliberately ironic...

If anyone says "I'm a nice guy"... they are not a nice guy.
(edited 5 years ago)

I don't know but letting your school know whats going on, even a teacher, will mean that they will have to react. This will probably mean they will give you a plan of action to take eg. Blocking him on all social media, speaking to your parents, etc.

Most likely they can contact the other school if needed and anyway your school counsellor will have advice on how to react/what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending