The Student Room Group

Age of first proppper crush

What age did you get your first crush? And not on a celebrity or when you were 5 and thought you liked someone but now you realise that wasn’t real. I mean when did you get your forts real crush, where all you wanted was to go out with them or for them to just talk to you. Because I’m 15 (girl) and I’ve never really liked anyone

Scroll to see replies

I got my first crush when I was 11 and actually ended up dating said crush for a couple of months. But it's okay not to be particulary attracted to anyone, not everyone is. You just have to wait for someone to peak your interest and not to rush into anything.
I had a crush on the same guy from the ages of 9-14 so maybe that counts? It was a long term crush but he’s not important in my mind at all now. I’d say my first proper crush, where it felt genuine was when I was 15. Don’t worry about not feeling attracted to anyone yet, you will feel that when you meet the right person.
My first proper crush was when i was 15.
Year 8. Can't remember what age that is.

I wrote a poem and read it out to her in fornt of a bunch of people at lunch. So cringe. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Original post by ChickenMadness
Year 8. Can't remember what age that is.

I wrote a poem and read it out to her in fornt of a bunch of people at lunch. So cringe. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

😂, that’s cute. Did she know it was for her?
Original post by chooseanother
I had a crush on the same guy from the ages of 9-14 so maybe that counts? It was a long term crush but he’s not important in my mind at all now. I’d say my first proper crush, where it felt genuine was when I was 15. Don’t worry about not feeling attracted to anyone yet, you will feel that when you meet the right person.

Ok, thanks, that helps a lot!
Original post by AwkwardSauce

Ok, thank you
Original post by SoftGingerCat
I got my first crush when I was 11 and actually ended up dating said crush for a couple of months. But it's okay not to be particulary attracted to anyone, not everyone is. You just have to wait for someone to peak your interest and not to rush into anything.

Thank you!
my first real crush had been on and off since I was 14 and still this day it keeps coming back. I’m currently trying to get over this person 😫 it’s not like we were together his was just really hot popular and smart... and tall ( which is gd coz its hard to find someone taller than me) We were not in the same friendship group at all but at prom he was really flirty and I caught real feelings for him (age16) and after that he was really weird and kept avoiding me but was always staring at me from a distance. Could any of u think of why he suddenly started acting weird? I thought it was because I’m not popular and he was embarrassed but idkkkk :/
i was in year 3 when i had my first proper crush i think. it was on one of my best friends at the time and it was the whole thing like getting nervous around them and stuff. it lasted for the whole of primary school lol and it only went away because we grew apart in secondary school. haven’t had a proper crush on anyone since.
Original post by Anonymous.me
😂, that’s cute. Did she know it was for her?

ye lol she didn't like it :laugh:
Reply 13
it was an on going crush from 12-15. We finally got together when i was 14, dated for like a week, then broke up on my 15th birthday. I can honestly say it was one of the best days of my life. And now we're just friends, also it turns out he was gay but didn't realise it so...
First proper crush at 14, we dated for 3 weeks, a success in my eyes.

I did 'like' a girl in year 8, asked her out and nearly fainted, Hyperventilating walrus is the best way to describe it.
Like year 9... Didn't have the balls to say anything to her though, and she was two years below me, two years seems like a much bigger age gap at that age.
Personal ramble:

Spoiler

I've found that I'm much the same way as you tbh OP... Sure, I've had feelings for one or two other girls, but my feelings for this specific girl have been stronger than than they have for any other, I'd say the others were just feelings, whereas this specific girl is a full blown crush. I mean, it isn't just her looks that I like. Granted, if I'm realistic, she's no 9 or 10, maybe a 6 or a 7 at best (although I'm not a particularly big fan of this whole numbers rating thing). I feel like it's her personality and the general vibe she gives off which pulls me in just that bit more. You know? She's a great person to be around.

But yeah... I'm 21, I've come across a few people who I've had some feelings for, but only one person who I'd say was a full blown crush.
(edited 5 years ago)
First crush, 12 or so. She was cute and I liked her smile.

First proper crush, 15. She was beautiful and funny and good company and an amazing hugger. I had feelings for her and asked her out, she said no.

First time I fell properly in love, 16. She was a classmate, and she quickly came to mean the world to me. I fell irretrievably for her, and now - at 29 - I still feel the same for her. Nothing ever happened though.
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye lol she didn't like it :laugh:

Yeah, that could be really embarrassing 😂😂
Original post by Tootles
First crush, 12 or so. She was cute and I liked her smile.

First proper crush, 15. She was beautiful and funny and good company and an amazing hugger. I had feelings for her and asked her out, she said no.

First time I fell properly in love, 16. She was a classmate, and she quickly came to mean the world to me. I fell irretrievably for her, and now - at 29 - I still feel the same for her. Nothing ever happened though.

Aww! That’s sad!! Do you’d till know her?
Original post by Anonymous.me
Aww! That’s sad!! Do you’d till know her?
Yes. But nothing's ever happened and nothing ever will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending