The Student Room Group

Graduated from Uni in 2018 looking for work with health problems?

I hope I've posted in the right forum..

I'm struggling, I need a job but at the moment I have a possible neurological condition, maybe a heart condition and have found out I need knee surgery but I'm not healthy enough for the surgery and so I've got to wait until 6 months before they can decide whether I can have the surgery.

I don't really know what to do, my plans were to work for a year and then do a masters but I'm not even sure how I'll get a job.

I feel like no one's going to hire me, another issue I have is that I need to move out from where I'm staying but I can't do that without a job. I'm not disabled so the disability act wouldn't cover me.

It's difficult getting a job normally, I don't think I can actually do better than other graduates, I've struggled with getting just office work that doesn't need a degree
Original post by Shaliina
I hope I've posted in the right forum..

I'm struggling, I need a job but at the moment I have a possible neurological condition, maybe a heart condition and have found out I need knee surgery but I'm not healthy enough for the surgery and so I've got to wait until 6 months before they can decide whether I can have the surgery.

I don't really know what to do, my plans were to work for a year and then do a masters but I'm not even sure how I'll get a job.

I feel like no one's going to hire me, another issue I have is that I need to move out from where I'm staying but I can't do that without a job. I'm not disabled so the disability act wouldn't cover me.

It's difficult getting a job normally, I don't think I can actually do better than other graduates, I've struggled with getting just office work that doesn't need a degree

I work in the NHS - there are always jobs there.

Look for clerical bank work especially in London - loads of jobs there. Once in the NHS you can progress

Oh and stop this....."possible neurological condition.... possible heart condtition..... knee surgery...." you either have or you haven't, but until something is diagnosed stop being a snowflake. Get some backbone

You managed a degree - you can manage a job
Reply 2
Stop being a ****ing *******. I'm waiting on tests and results for them to diagnose me. The neurologists and the cardiologist are pretty certain I have it. They just need the tests to confirm it. I've already been told I need knee surgery, I can't walk unaided. They just can't do it.

For someone who works in the NHS you seem to have no understanding of how it works, appointments don't come the next day and the tests results an hour later, there's no instant diagnosis. It takes months.

I barely got through uni and I finished in May, 8 months is a long time, certainly enough for a condition that isn't being treated to get worse. Clearly you're to thick to comprehend that.

A degree and a job are not at all the same, I could do my uni work from home, can't say the same for a job. If I did badly I wouldn't get fired from uni.

There was literally no reason for you to be a complete ****. I didn't say I wasn't going to work, I was looking for advice you piece of ****
Original post by Shaliina
Stop being a ****ing *******. I'm waiting on tests and results for them to diagnose me. The neurologists and the cardiologist are pretty certain I have it. They just need the tests to confirm it. I've already been told I need knee surgery, I can't walk unaided. They just can't do it.

For someone who works in the NHS you seem to have no understanding of how it works, appointments don't come the next day and the tests results an hour later, there's no instant diagnosis. It takes months.

I barely got through uni and I finished in May, 8 months is a long time, certainly enough for a condition that isn't being treated to get worse. Clearly you're to thick to comprehend that.

A degree and a job are not at all the same, I could do my uni work from home, can't say the same for a job. If I did badly I wouldn't get fired from uni.

There was literally no reason for you to be a complete ****. I didn't say I wasn't going to work, I was looking for advice you piece of ****

You'll struggle to get a job with that attitude.
Reply 4
Original post by Student-95
You'll struggle to get a job with that attitude.

What because I don't take bs from rude insensitive patronising trolls, whatever you say. I've got a job.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending