The Student Room Group

John Lewis Interview help (Selling Assistant & Personal Stylist)

So I applied for a few job roles at John Lewis and I recently got three offers. Two being for the same role, Selling Assistant for various departments (both for full-time and part-time), and also a Mens Personal Stylist.

Two of these (the full time Selling and the Personal Stylist) will be coming up tomorrow, and I am incredibly concerned about how to go into these interviews.

I will be wearing a three piece suit to look the part for the Stylist, but other than that, I don't know as much about how to talk about myself in this field, especially with little experience in it.

As for the selling assistant, the same applies in what to say and more importantly, what not to say. Obviously I will be as confident as I possibly can, but to those that have applied recently, what sort of questions can I expect to be asked in my group interviews? Anything I should be aware of that is out of the ordinary?

Any tips would be amazing, especially for someone in their mid 20s who REALLY NEEDS to be able to work and not live off of benefits for the rest of my life.
Hi there, may I ask how your interview went? Especially for the stylist position? I have the same interview on Monday. Please help!!
Original post by TamaraMonique
Hi there, may I ask how your interview went? Especially for the stylist position? I have the same interview on Monday. Please help!!

Make sure you know the company's history, be polite and well dressed like OP mentioned. It will be very much like a regular retail interview.

You will likely be up against many many others so don't be surprised if you don't get it.
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
Make sure you know the company's history, be polite and well dressed like OP mentioned. It will be very much like a regular retail interview.

You will likely be up against many many others so don't be surprised if you don't get it.

Well thank you for pointing out the obvious and making derogatory comments. Don’t waste your time in future 🙄🙄🙄
Well thank you for pointing out the obvious and making derogatory comments. Don’t waste your time in future 🙄🙄🙄

Which part of that was derogatory?

Stupid response. Maybe ask for more detail in future instead of being a petty cow.
Christ calm down, none of that was rude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending