The Student Room Group

I changed a choice in UCAS after the deadline I'm that stupid

So basically it's what the title says lol.
I sent my application the 14th but then I really wanted to change one of the choices and yesterday I did it.
Before that I emailed the uni but they take so long to answer that I was afraid I was going to miss the 7 days change.
I had 5 applications to 5 different unis and I changed an uni for another one, I already have applied for, so now I have 2 applications to the same uni, and the other 3 stay the same. (all courses are related obviously)
I know I could have changed just the course I already applied for but I didn't want to because I like it and I already had that application sent before the deadline, so I didn't want to lose it.

I know I changed it within the 7 days but it was days AFTER the deadline so... they aren't going to consider my new choice, right?
UCAS sent me yesterday an email of Welcome with the change I made... i don't know if that should mean something good or...
(edited 5 years ago)
As long as the course is available for late applications there is no problem. If the course is closed you will be rejected.
Original post by laiagc
So basically it's what the title says lol.
I sent my application the 14th but then I really wanted to change one of the choices and yesterday I did it.
Before that I emailed the uni but they take so long to answer that I was afraid I was going to miss the 7 days change.
I had 5 applications to 5 different unis and I changed an uni for another one, I already have applied for, so now I have 2 applications to the same uni, and the other 3 stay the same. (all courses are related obviously)
I know I could have changed just the course I already applied for but I didn't want to because I like it and I already had that application sent before the deadline, so I didn't want to lose it.

I know I changed it within the 7 days but it was days AFTER the deadline so... they aren't going to consider my new choice, right?
UCAS sent me yesterday an email of Welcome with the change I made... i don't know if that should mean something good or...

Hi Jack,

I'm not quite sure about if this will affect the application. I would recommend contacting UCAS directly to check as they will be able to advise on this and talk you through any other concerns. :smile:

Here are the UCAS contact details.

Best,

Patrick :lep:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi Jack,

I'm not quite sure about if this will affect the application. I would recommend contacting UCAS directly to check as they will be able to advise on this and talk you through any other concerns. :smile:

Here are the UCAS contact details.

Best,

Patrick :lep:

It will only affect the 1 subject and as I stated earlier will depend on whether the course is full or not. @PQ who is involved in university admissions has posted this on another thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5769608
For what it's worth - you have 14 days after applying to substitute choices (not 7) - you just have to call UCAS to make the change in the second week.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
It will only affect the 1 subject and as I stated earlier will depend on whether the course is full or not. @PQ who is involved in university admissions has posted this on another thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5769608

Yes! I contacted UCAS and they told me that it's only the choice that I changed that is seen as late application, the other unis will see that I applied by the deadline.

Thank you for your answer!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
For what it's worth - you have 14 days after applying to substitute choices (not 7) - you just have to call UCAS to make the change in the second week.

That's what I read in UCAS but I wasn't sure because I've read that if you wanna change a choice you have 14 days but if it's a uni it's only 7 days (?) or a general change is 7 days, i don't know but I 've seen that in some web pages and people saying it so I didn't want to risk it lol thanks anyway!
Original post by laiagc
That's what I read in UCAS but I wasn't sure because I've read that if you wanna change a choice you have 14 days but if it's a uni it's only 7 days (?) or a general change is 7 days, i don't know but I 've seen that in some web pages and people saying it so I didn't want to risk it lol thanks anyway!

It's 14 days but it used to be 7 and UCAS haven't fixed Track to reflect that (and Track doesn't allow substitutions if an application has been made an offer/rejected - even though that's allowed within the 14 day window). That's why they just make people ring up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending