The Student Room Group

2019 HKU Dentistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surewin
I just had an intuition that my responses could not keep the interviewers satisfied (as compared with the interview I had with other universities). But HKU BDS is my dream. I really hope I can have a conditional offer (although it may not be easy to fulfill the CO requirement, which I guess 44 out of 45 for IB?) Does anyone know what a typical IB conditional offer requirement is? IB 43 or 44?

You did better than you think ! HKU is also my dream !!
Reply 41
did you guys check the application status today?
there's NO more "under consideration" but "withdraw" on the right column (with the left column listing BDS) in my case.
any implications? gonna be rejected? that's why "under consideration" has been removed
Reply 42
I’ve got the same πŸ˜“
Original post by surewin
did you guys check the application status today?
there's NO more "under consideration" but "withdraw" on the right column (with the left column listing BDS) in my case.
any implications? gonna be rejected? that's why "under consideration" has been removed

same...got so nervous
Other subjects like social sciences for HKU have already given out offers; I heard that some people who applied to HKU medicine have already received conditional offers of 44 --- any news for dentistry?
Reply 45
Yes, I also heard there HKU applicants of Medicine have already got the conditional offers (IB 44).
I am still waiting for BDS... The application status is still "Withdraw" shown on the portal.
Although we are unable to offer you admission to the BDS programme at HKU under the main round, I am pleased to inform you that the Faculty Admissions Committee suggested that your application be put on the wait list which may be re-considered between July and August 2019. You may check your application status online in August 2019 for any updates on the outcome. In the meantime, your status will remain β€œUnder consideration”.
I just got this from HKU
Original post by surewin
Any ideas about the interview preparation? Please share.

Mine is a group interview. There's not much you can prepare for. Basically you get an article about a familiar topic (mine is about short-form videos on social media), read it and write an analyzing article within 20 minutes. And then you discuss about this topic with other applicants (around 8 people). 2 professors will be there and listen to your discussion.
Hey Can I ask you guys how did you satisfy the secondary language requirement?
Have anyone received offers from HKU BDS?
yep, i actually received it quite a long time ago! around 3 weeks after my interview on 2 jan:smile: it was 3 A* for A levels, not really sure I can get the grades tho
Reply 51
Do u mind sharing how your AS results are and which examination board your A-levels is ?
Original post by kristinafoo
yep, i actually received it quite a long time ago! around 3 weeks after my interview on 2 jan:smile: it was 3 A* for A levels, not really sure I can get the grades tho
Original post by lzl99
Do u mind sharing how your AS results are and which examination board your A-levels is ?

I didn't take any AS exams. I took A Level Chinese in 2018 but they didn't recognise this, saying that my 3 A* must come from my current subjects. Biology AQA, Chemistry AQA, Maths Edexcel. have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 53
Nope :frown:
Original post by kristinafoo
I didn't take any AS exams. I took A Level Chinese in 2018 but they didn't recognise this, saying that my 3 A* must come from my current subjects. Biology AQA, Chemistry AQA, Maths Edexcel. have you heard back from them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest