The Student Room Group

Tinder isn’t a dating app.

I prefer to not go on a long winded rant on the dangers of Tinder and advice to completely about it but I wouldn’t recommend it to others if you’re looking for a serious relationship.
It isn’t bad for what it does but lower your expectations while on the app. This isn’t a rant about the injustices of dating or pseudo incel rant blaming women. I get loads of matches but it feels a bit dead honestly. I’m looking something which is rare on tinder so it’s probably not the best place to look.
I would recommend Bumble as a better alternative tbh.

Scroll to see replies

Well what do you expect from it lmao
Reply 2
Original post by Bill Nye
Well what do you expect from it lmao

The number of times, I’ve been recommended Tinder as a good ‘dating’ app says otherwise. I honestly went into there, expecting something different. I think I will stick with real life
Tinder is for no strings hookups.
Not dates or a relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Tinder is for no strings hookups.
Not dates or a relationship.

Which sucks for me since I’m terrible at asking people out.
I had a 1 and half year long relationship with a girl from Tinder, but I think it is rare as I can't seem to get the same result from it since.
Reply 6
That’s if the person actually responds..
Original post by Alexty28
I had a 1 and half year long relationship with a girl from Tinder, but I think it is rare as I can't seem to get the same result from it since.

A relationship based on Timder isn’t out of the question and is possible but it takes a lot of time, effort and luck. I have stuff to do so I can’t spend all my time on Tinder
Reply 7
It's a great medium for finding a goth girl as morbid as you to go get absolutely rat arsed with. Well, for me, anyway.
Reply 8
My problem isn’t that I struggle to get matches - I honestly don’t - but they don’t even talk. The ones who do stop midway through a conversation and are never heard again. It’s not frustrating but I’m a bit disappointed.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
It's a great medium for finding a goth girl as morbid as you to go get absolutely rat arsed with. Well, for me, anyway.

At this point, if she was interesting, I wouldn’t mind
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
At this point, if she was interesting, I wouldn’t mind

They're always interesting in one form or another. Either violently neurotic, or plain weird. I attract that, ha. it's ok, cos I'm weird too.
I mean at least, talk the next day or say good night. That way I wouldn’t need to constantly worry if I was boring... :.(
Original post by gjd800

Do you have the uni lecturer thing on there? Might have to change my story for the puss, if the metal head is getting action.
Very rare you will get an actual relationship from Tinder.
Reply 14
Original post by Notoriety
Do you have the uni lecturer thing on there? Might have to change my story for the puss, if the metal head is getting action.

Not explicitly, no. They like dog pics and pics with guitars, I find. But not acoustics, cos any aul bell end can murder Wonderwall.
Original post by gjd800
They're always interesting in one form or another. Either violently neurotic, or plain weird. I attract that, ha. it's ok, cos I'm weird too.

There’s not many goth girls at uni anyway so that’s out of the question. I wouldn’t mind the weird girls but only if they know how to spice up a conversation
Original post by Rock Fan
Very rare you will get an actual relationship from Tinder.

I’m not prepared to give up but I’m gonna lower my expectations quite a bit
Honestly I was thinking of resuming the conversation but I don’t want to come across as desperate or annoying. I usually take no replies as either the conversation fizzing out or just being forgotten.
Original post by gjd800
Not explicitly, no. They like dog pics and pics with guitars, I find. But not acoustics, cos any aul bell end can murder Wonderwall.

Dear oh dear. I don't even have a guitar nor can I play Wonderwall :frown: Do you reckon they might look similarly favourably on my Voldemort cosplay? That's very metal-esque.
Reply 19
Original post by Notoriety
Dear oh dear. I don't even have a guitar nor can I play Wonderwall :frown: Do you reckon they might look similarly favourably on my Voldemort cosplay? That's very metal-esque.

Hahaha.

I dunno man, maybe! As long as you have a better profile, like. His lack of nose is manky. I don't know if the whole 'metal' thing works for me in this regard or not, but there is always the chance of novelty value, I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending