The Student Room Group

How are you finding History A-Level?

Can someone explain the course content, it says here ( https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/history/as-and-a-level/history-7041-7042/subject-content/introduction ) that some of the content is optional, I don’t quite understand it, if someone could explain it would be very much appreciated.

Also, how is History going for you so far.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Can someone explain the course content, it says here ( https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/history/as-and-a-level/history-7041-7042/subject-content/introduction ) that some of the content is optional, I don’t quite understand it, if someone could explain it would be very much appreciated.

Also, how is History going for you so far.

Cut and paste the section where it says optional as I couldnt see it.
Reply 2
"At both AS and A-level, an option from Component 1 and an option from Component 2 must be studied."
Is this the part you mean? Your school chooses two options from the list AQA provides to teach you content from, eg. Tsarist Russia and Modern Britain. I couldn't see anything else about options on the page.
Original post by xantheee
"At both AS and A-level, an option from Component 1 and an option from Component 2 must be studied."
Is this the part you mean? Your school chooses two options from the list AQA provides to teach you content from, eg. Tsarist Russia and Modern Britain. I couldn't see anything else about options on the page.

Option is different from optional hence the context being important.
Reply 4
So stressful its actually unreal I'm defo getting a U
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Option is different from optional hence the context being important.

ik but i ctrl+f'ed the page and nothing "optional" came up
Original post by xantheee
ik but i ctrl+f'ed the page and nothing "optional" came up

Looked for it but really its up to the op to point it out rather than other people chase for it. That is if eh is interested in getting the relevant answer.
Sorry about not highlighting the point to be more clear, didn’t want to since I was looking for someone who’s doing History to tell me how their content is studied such as what is optional and what isn’t.
Reply 8
Sorry about not highlighting the point to be more clear, didn’t want to since I was looking for someone who’s doing History to tell me how their content is studied such as what is optional and what isn’t.

oh, well i study tsarist russia and modern britain, and nothing is optional until we do our coursework essay, which we can choose the subject of so long as it covers a 100 year period

You do realise that makes little sense?
It would appear you misunderstand and are looking for the wrong answer. If you provide the context i.e the source of your optional, then people might be able to id what you are talking about and provide the relevant answer.

I would guess you are getting confused between option and optional, but appear to be wilfully obstructive.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
You do realise that makes little sense?
It would appear you misunderstand and are looking for the wrong answer. If you provide the context i.e the source of your optional, then people might be able to id what you are talking about and provide the relevant answer.

I would guess you are getting confused between option and optional, but appear to be wilfully obstructive.

Look man I just wanted to get some info from people who do or did History A-Level about what topics they studied, what was optional and what wasn’t, and how they’re enjoying it.
IGCSEHISTORY syllabus is more funnn

Quick Reply

Latest