The Student Room Group

What's your favourite book?

What's your favourite book (or books). I haven't had a chance to read as often because of A-levels so I want to get back to it again. I like to read pretty much anything but I mostly read fantasy, thrillers and mystery. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm trying to make a summer reading list. Any other bookworms out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarafinha
What's your favourite book (or books). I haven't had a chance to read as often because of A-levels so I want to get back to it again. I like to read pretty much anything but I mostly read fantasy, thrillers and mystery. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm trying to make a summer reading list. Any other bookworms out there?

I love 'and then there were none' by Agatha Christe, its a really good mystery book and it's has a few plot twists. Also, Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris is a great read- honestly one of my favourite books. Then I also enjoyed reading Order to KIll by Vice Flynn, but never got around to finishing it.
The book from where i learnt ABCD......
Reply 3
Original post by Juliakinga
I love 'and then there were none' by Agatha Christe, its a really good mystery book and it's has a few plot twists. Also, Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris is a great read- honestly one of my favourite books. Then I also enjoyed reading Order to KIll by Vice Flynn, but never got around to finishing it.

I've read 'And Then There Were None' by Agatha Christie too, it was amazing! I currently have a few more Agatha Christie's books in my list including her Hercule Poirot mysteries. I haven't heard of the other two, I might read them. Silence of the lambs sounds very interesting and the type of book I would read. Thank you!

I read this series, I can't remember what it was called to save my life, but the front cover had a picture of a butterfly and one of them was called something like Buried Alive or something- and it was about this girl and her step-brother investigating some mysterious deaths and she really liked art (I remember a few mains points from it)
Reply 5
Thank you for your recommendation! I will gladly check them out. And don't worry, like I said I will read pretty much anything, it doesn't have to be fantasy. I had a read of the summary and it sounds very interesting. Thanks again!

It’s been a while since I’ve read books but I would suggest reading biographies on famous people who you admire.
Reply 7
I read this series, I can't remember what it was called to save my life, but the front cover had a picture of a butterfly and one of them was called something like Buried Alive or something- and it was about this girl and her step-brother investigating some mysterious deaths and she really liked art (I remember a few mains points from it)

Oh okay that sounds interesting. I will try to have a look for it to see if I can find what you're talking about. If in the future you remember the name do let me know. Thanks!

Hi, I have read a lot of books and by far one of my favourites was something I read recently, its not one of the classics or even very well known but it is amazingly written.

Its called 'Worm' and it was written in a the form of free to read webserials, it about a girl with the ability to control bugs, it sounds lame at first but it escalates spectacularly, it has aspects of fantasy, thriller and mystery the whole way through, its quite long but it is definitely worth the read.

You can read it here:

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
Reply 9
Original post by meek-boy
The book from where i learnt ABCD......

That's great :biggrin:
That's great :biggrin:

i'm a ninja....
Oh okay that sounds interesting. I will try to have a look for it to see if I can find what you're talking about. If in the future you remember the name do let me know. Thanks!

Okay, I found it, its the Dead and Buried series by Anne Cassidy
Reply 12
Original post by ALYAMAANI
It’s been a while since I’ve read books but I would suggest reading biographies on famous people who you admire.

Yeah that's a good idea. Thank you.
Reply 13
Original post by Asclepius.
Hi, I have read a lot of books and by far one of my favourites was something I read recently, its not one of the classics or even very well known but it is amazingly written.

Its called 'Worm' and it was written in a the form of free to read webserials, it about a girl with the ability to control bugs, it sounds lame at first but it escalates spectacularly, it has aspects of fantasy, thriller and mystery the whole way through, its quite long but it is definitely worth the read.

You can read it here:

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/

That sounds great! Thank you so much for your recommendation. It does sound very interesting. I had a quick look at it and it's gone on my reading list. I'm quite excited to read it now, thank you so much!
Reply 14
Okay, I found it, its the Dead and Buried series by Anne Cassidy

Okay cool. That sounds familiar, I think I have heard of it before. Thanks I will have a read!:h:

I love all the bright places, and my newest fav is Eleanor Oliphants is completely fine. Top reads lol
hmmm, Revelation, Judges and Daniel those books were amazing 😍😍😍😍. especially Judges
Reply 17
Original post by meek-boy
i'm a ninja....

Really? That's funny...
BECAUSE I'M A NINJA TOO! :ninja::ninja2:
Brandon Sanderson books! I started on Warbreaker in December 2017, read all the books he has that are in the same universe (They all have a white themed cover). A good series from him is the Way of Kings, more popular is his series Mistborn. They're all magic / fantasy related, considering I've never been big into reading, this guy getting me to read 8 books in a row is remarkable.
Crazy Rich Asians

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending