The Student Room Group

Conservatism is a losers philosophy. Discuss

Read a great quote recently:

‘Conservatism is merely the shadow that follows radicalism (The modern left) as it heads towards perdition’.

Conservatism has always been powerless to stop and in some cases even advocated for and encouraged the radicalism which it is in theory meant to be opposed to.

If you are opposed to the direction that society is hurtling towards; mass immigration, insane social liberalism, suppression of free speech etc then you are eating your time with conservatism as an ideal let alone the abject failure that is the U.K. Tory party.

Scroll to see replies

Aye, the conservative party does not deserve the name, we have already descended into a societal hell and it will take more than a thousand-year tory rule to solve things.
(edited 5 years ago)
All this is very well on the plateau of ideas but let's remember that 'conservatism' has been consistently voted into government to clear up the mess invariably left behind by the nearest alternative, ample track records on that. Nothing is perfect but there is such thing as a lesser-evil and the problem with the Tories may actually be that they are not conservative enough, letting themselves be sucked into the latest trends just to try and look fashionable. In the end, they stand for nothing much nowadays.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Davij038
If you are opposed to the direction that society is hurtling towards; mass immigration, insane social liberalism, suppression of free speech etc then you are eating your time with conservatism as an ideal let alone the abject failure that is the U.K. Tory party.

So what would you recommend instead?
Original post by zhog
So what would you recommend instead?

Oh, unless...
Original post by zhog
Surely you meant this, pressed the wrong button or something? :biggrin:

fidel-castro-salute.jpg

I'm saying thats what Davij wants.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I'm saying thats what Davij wants.

Gotcha, I don't know him and should have realised it sooner. But Fidel is what you would recommend, right?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
I don’t believe in a utopia, societies and empires rise and fall.

But I do believe that the radical left have a winners temperament and attitude. Where the conservative is cautious and almost embarrassed to say what is right the radical left are willing to fight for what they believe in and to work collectively to achieve this.
Reply 9
Original post by zhog
Oh, unless...

What CB said, althoigh something more modern. I’m Alt right. I’m not interested in Larping.
Reply 10
I

Original post by zhog
Gotcha, I don't know him and should have realised it sooner. But Fidel is what you would recommend, right?

Fidel’s far too right wing/ authoritarian for him. CB’s one of those anarchist types. Castro would have deported him or put him in a mental asylum, just like they would do in China now
What CB said, althoigh something more modern. I’m Alt right. I’m not interested in Larping.

Ok, I've got it.
Original post by zhog

Not really no. But Fidel is much preferable.
I don’t believe in a utopia, societies and empires rise and fall.

But I do believe that the radical left have a winners temperament and attitude. Where the conservative is cautious and almost embarrassed to say what is right the radical left are willing to fight for what they believe in and to work collectively to achieve this.

The left have used attacks on the social status and physical wellbeing of people as their primary weapons. The true conservative fears speaking truths

I'm knackered, preferable to the Tories or to the Duce? Both?
Reply 15
Original post by AperfectBalance
The left have used attacks on the social status and physical wellbeing of people as their primary weapons. The true conservative fears speaking truths

They’ve got more than that in their arsenal. One thing they’ve taught us is how to overthrow a regime that is hostile to their ideology, although it’s different in some ways.

Unlike the old conservative governments, the powers that be know exactly who their enemies are and have far much more control and power over society than their predecessors.

However we have the advantage of the internet, our ideas are right and natural and are for our very survival as a race and people.

What do you mean in your last point?
Reply 16
Original post by zhog
I'm knackered, preferable to the Tories or to the Duce? Both?

If he’s honest (which he usually is tbf) he’ll admit he’d rather live under Theresa May which shows you exactly just how useless Conservatism is.
They’ve got more than that in their arsenal. One thing they’ve taught us is how to overthrow a regime that is hostile to their ideology, although it’s different in some ways.

Unlike the old conservative governments, the powers that be know exactly who their enemies are and have far much more control and power over society than their predecessors.

However we have the advantage of the internet, our ideas are right and natural and are for our very survival as a race and people.

What do you mean in your last point?

If I spoke what I truely believe in public I can pretty much be sure I will be villified and if it gets out my life will be misery, yet a communist is able to walk free because they are fighting for 'equality'

Look at Enoch Powell he was an absolutely outstanding man, one of the finest in politics yet look what happened to him, villified for telling the truth about many things. I fear he may have even been right about the future of the west/the UK.

ah yes a mass murdering 'human' he deserves the rope and nothing more, he doomed Cuba and proved once again the faliure of Communism whilst subjecting his people to atrocities.
Reply 19
Original post by AperfectBalance
If I spoke what I truely believe in public I can pretty much be sure I will be villified and if it gets out my life will be misery, yet a communist is able to walk free because they are fighting for 'equality'

Look at Enoch Powell he was an absolutely outstanding man, one of the finest in politics yet look what happened to him, villified for telling the truth about many things. I fear he may have even been right about the future of the west/the UK.

Powell is the definitive conservative and by that I mean he was an abject failure. He was far from outstanding. His heir is the far more successful but ultimately still a failure Nigel Farage:

Mosley was twice the man Powell was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending