The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

IT problems stopping me from uploading my visuals.

I applied to GAS through UCAS on time but on Sunday 20th Jan. 2019 an error message appeared and wouldn't allow me to upload my portfolio. I got unsigned emails claiming the IT dept were working on it. However, today Tuesday 22nd it claims applications will reopen shortly. I am concerned that I will not be considered now, because I know that if they have their quota they don't bother with late applications. Worked 2 weekend preparing for the and I am so disappointed.
Original post by Creative4444
I applied to GAS through UCAS on time but on Sunday 20th Jan. 2019 an error message appeared and wouldn't allow me to upload my portfolio. I got unsigned emails claiming the IT dept were working on it. However, today Tuesday 22nd it claims applications will reopen shortly. I am concerned that I will not be considered now, because I know that if they have their quota they don't bother with late applications. Worked 2 weekend preparing for the and I am so disappointed.

Sure it will be fine especially if you got your main application in.
RING admissions and get then to give confirmation.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Creative4444

As above, call them.

But did your file meet their upload requirements (filesize, format, etc)?

By the way, it's GSA :wink:
Thank's for the replies.

Yes, my file size was as requested. An error message appeared after I keyed in my UCAS no. and I didn't even get as far as uploading any visuals. I called them today and have been told that there is a problem with the IT side and that the system is not expected to be up and running now until next week. I asked if that meant that they would only consider applicants whose uploads were prior to the problem. She said tha there were thousands of applications still to come and nothing would be considered until everyone has uploaded their material for the new deadline (still don't know when that is). She was really nice and reassuring. So panic over - phew! :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury)As above, call them.

Original post by Doonesbury
As above, call them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending