The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey university life

Hey I’ve just got my offer back from Surrey to study psychology. The problem is I havnt had a chance to visit Surrey yet so I don’t know the area, I come from a pretty boring town and feel a bit restricted so I would like university to be different. What do you guys think of Surrey? :smile:
The town is quite nice. There not loads and loads to do but there is enough if you're willing to make the most of things. There is a night life too which can be amazing when its Christmas for example
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
I have got an offer from surrey too. I visited their open days and I really liked it. The university itself looked really pretty and there was a lot of greenery too. I am planning on making it my firm.
Original post by sarafinha
I have got an offer from surrey too. I visited their open days and I really liked it. The university itself looked really pretty and there was a lot of greenery too. I am planning on making it my firm.

That’s good to hear I’ve read a lot of stuff against the uni so it’s made me a little worried.
Original post by Abiiiiiiii1111
That’s good to hear I’ve read a lot of stuff against the uni so it’s made me a little worried.

I like the uni because it seems to be good for the course I want to do which is why I wanted to make it my firm. Really? What sort of things did you hear? So far, I've only heard fairly positive things about it.
Original post by sarafinha
I like the uni because it seems to be good for the course I want to do which is why I wanted to make it my firm. Really? What sort of things did you hear? So far, I've only heard fairly positive things about it.

Yeahh I was thinking about making it my firm too. Just a lot of things about of the social scene is a bit dead and people saying they had to transfer to other unis cause they didn’t like, and one person was even saying that the uni is pretty bad and they use money to get to the rank they are at- although that seemed a little far fetched😂
Reply 6
Hey I’ve just got my offer back from Surrey to study psychology. The problem is I havnt had a chance to visit Surrey yet so I don’t know the area, I come from a pretty boring town and feel a bit restricted so I would like university to be different. What do you guys think of Surrey? :smile:

I live around the area, went to the uni when I was in year 11 for a lecture. It's a pretty neat place, I think you'd like it if you came from a small town. :smile:
Original post by Aazaa_
I live around the area, went to the uni when I was in year 11 for a lecture. It's a pretty neat place, I think you'd like it if you came from a small town. :smile:

Ah that’s good I was worried I would feel restricted. Do u know if there are any Asian restaurants around Guildford, I’m really big in Japanese food and stuff, or would I have to go to London for that sorta thing?
I know Guildford pretty well and it‘s nice in terms of restaurants, there are lots of nice both chains and small little restaurants! In terms of the university itself the sports facilities are amazing but DonNt know how much you into that :smile: Guildford‘s night life is ok but there is really not that much to do in terms of that but dk how it is in uni itself
Ah that’s good I was worried I would feel restricted. Do u know if there are any Asian restaurants around Guildford, I’m really big in Japanese food and stuff, or would I have to go to London for that sorta thing?

As I know of there is one sushi restaurant (well apart from like yo sushi and Kokomo) and there is also Wagamama but not really any proper Asian restaurants

Hello :smile:

I've just done a quick search for you and found a list of Asian restaurants here: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g186390-c3-Guildford_Surrey_England.html

We also have Young's on campus which is very popular with students. Here's a blog post about it: http://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/hongkong-blog/2018/02/26/where-to-eat-between-lectures-youngs-kitchen/

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. We're here to help.

Thanks,
Rosie
Original post by University of Surrey
Hello :smile:

I've just done a quick search for you and found a list of Asian restaurants here: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g186390-c3-Guildford_Surrey_England.html

We also have Young's on campus which is very popular with students. Here's a blog post about it: http://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/hongkong-blog/2018/02/26/where-to-eat-between-lectures-youngs-kitchen/

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. We're here to help.

Thanks,
Rosie

Thank you so much this was very helpful!
Original post by Victoriawst
I know Guildford pretty well and it‘s nice in terms of restaurants, there are lots of nice both chains and small little restaurants! In terms of the university itself the sports facilities are amazing but DonNt know how much you into that :smile: Guildford‘s night life is ok but there is really not that much to do in terms of that but dk how it is in uni itself

Yeahh as a student I know I won’t be able to eat our much anyway but it’s always nice to know there’s options. Yeahh I’ve heard about the sports facilities and that’s exciting I’m not good at sports but I do really enjoy them😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending