The Student Room Group

Homeschooler into uni

Hi! I was just wondering if any other homeschoolers out there have gotten into a UK uni an untraditional way? eg. without GCSEs or A levels. And if you did, how did you do it, thank you!
Homeschoolees usually do GCSEs & A-Levels.
Original post by inaya4321
Hi! I was just wondering if any other homeschoolers out there have gotten into a UK uni an untraditional way? eg. without GCSEs or A levels. And if you did, how did you do it, thank you!

Some universities put in their entry requirements if they are willing to accept students with 'non-traditional' backgrounds. However, you will still need to be able to prove that you have the knowledge and academic ability to succeed on the course you choose, which may not be straightforward if you don't have nationally recognised qualifications. Maybe contact the universities you're interested in for further advice, as they may have a process that they follow for applicants like yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by sned hlep
Homeschoolees usually do GCSEs & A-Levels.

I know that they usually do, but in my case, I didn't. That's why I asked the question
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Some universities put in their entry requirements if they are willing to accept students with 'non-traditional' backgrounds. However, you will still need to be able to prove that you have the knowledge and academic ability to succeed on the course you choose, which may not be straightforward if you don't have nationally recognised qualifications. Maybe contact the universities you're interested in for further advice, as they may have a process that they follow for applicants like yourself.

Hi! Thank you, I think I will do that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending