The Student Room Group

In love with a muslim girl.

I love her a lot. i have tried my best this whole year to not remember her or talk about her but i failed. i am German, atheist, i love this girl who is Somali (muslim). i developed feelings for her 4 years ago. we were good friends in the first year then we started dating (only holding hands and hugging). we dated for 1 year then she dump me because her brothers got involved between us. i dont even know but i know she loved me a lot. she told me we should stop talking and that was the most painful thing to do in my whole life but i always contacted her. we used to talk but not as much as before. i loved her and i still love her. today i saw her with a man. i asked a mutual friend and he told me she is engaged. i am broken. when i saw her my heart almost stopped. i was ready to run and hug her. she saw me and she stared at me with her beautiful eyes for a long time. i cant sleep. i dont even drink but i think i understand why people drink now. i feel like crying

can i get her back? i can't i let her go to some other man. he is ugly and has a big belly.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Yourivriez555
I love her a lot. i have tried my best this whole year to not remember her or talk about her but i failed. i am German, atheist, i love this girl who is Somali (muslim). i developed feelings for her 4 years ago. we were good friends in the first year then we started dating (only holding hands and hugging). we dated for 1 year then she dump me because her brothers got involved between us. i dont even know but i know she loved me a lot. she told me we should stop talking and that was the most painful thing to do in my whole life but i always contacted her. we used to talk but not as much as before. i loved her and i still love her. today i saw her with a man. i asked a mutual friend and he told me she is engaged. i am broken. when i saw her my heart almost stopped. i was ready to run and hug her. she saw me and she stared at me with her beautiful eyes for a long time. i cant sleep. i dont even drink but i think i understand why people drink now. i know if i get sleepy i will cry so i dont even want to feel sleepy or sleep.

can i get her back? i can't i let her go to some other man. he is ugly and has a big belly.

Well do you know muslims girls can only marry a muslim man? (if they do they may not really be practicing their religion properly/at all so may not be really muslim)

I think you know where to start...

But you know there are many girls out there maybe you'll even get another crush
Reply 2
Stay away from these dirty things in my opinion.
Original post by Khalid_
Stay away from these dirty things in my opinion.

what do you mean by "dirty things"???
Reply 4
I believe these things are inappropriate and that relationships should be within marriage only and not before it.
Original post by TheTroll73
Well do you know muslims girls can only marry a muslim man? (if they do they may not really be practicing their religion properly/at all so may not be really muslim)

I think you know where to start...

But you know there are many girls out there maybe you'll even get another crush

no one is like her. i dont think i will ever forget her. i will become a muslim if that will help
This is so late but I'm going through the same and I've been convincing my parents to stop hooking me with people but I can't tell them about my boyfriend. If all else fails I'll just move out with him far far away.
Reply 7
I think you shouldn’t give up
As one of the person who replied earlier said, that you might develop a new crush, but love cannot be found so easily. In some cases, people don’t find love ever! You’re lucky to have found someone whom you love, and who loves you back. Now I must tell you, that because she’s a Muslim and you’re not, it’s going to be very difficult. And the fact that she’s engaged now makes it even worse. But if you really love her, and if you’re ready to deal with even the worst of situations, then you don’t let her go. But you need to talk to her before you do anything. And make sure nobody gets to know about you trying to contact her, because if anyone gets to know that you are, it’s going to land both of you in great trouble, specially her.
Reply 8
Original post by Yourivriez555
I love her a lot. i have tried my best this whole year to not remember her or talk about her but i failed. i am German, atheist, i love this girl who is Somali (muslim). i developed feelings for her 4 years ago. we were good friends in the first year then we started dating (only holding hands and hugging). we dated for 1 year then she dump me because her brothers got involved between us. i dont even know but i know she loved me a lot. she told me we should stop talking and that was the most painful thing to do in my whole life but i always contacted her. we used to talk but not as much as before. i loved her and i still love her. today i saw her with a man. i asked a mutual friend and he told me she is engaged. i am broken. when i saw her my heart almost stopped. i was ready to run and hug her. she saw me and she stared at me with her beautiful eyes for a long time. i cant sleep. i dont even drink but i think i understand why people drink now. i feel like crying

This made me LOL.

If you weren't willing to become a Muslim in the first place, why would you ever even think about getting into a relationship with her? What's wrong with you?
Well, I think this is called love when you can't live without someone, but first of all, I want to know is your feelings are temporary or they are for a long time?
Why her brother got involved and pushed you away from her because you are an atheist or there is some other reason? to help you I need to know these answers first.
Reply 10
Original post by marshallbrown
Well, I think this is called love when you can't live without someone, but first of all, I want to know is your feelings are temporary or they are for a long time?
Why her brother got involved and pushed you away from her because you are an atheist or there is some other reason? to help you I need to know these answers first.

Well I think her brothers got involved because she was with a non Muslim guy. It’s a big think for most of the Muslim community.
Hey listen try taking to her explain to her your feelings and emotions... if she really loves you then she’ll do something about it

The fact your aren’t Muslim is a very big red flag she may love u and what not but her family won’t accept that not never ... and for a practicing Muslim girl family is a big thing like there opinions and preferences matter a lot especially being a girl ...

Unless you are willing to convert to Islam speak to her openly if not then seriously don’t even bother your wasting your own and her time!

Also don’t convert to Islam for the sake of her .. you will have to understand the concept of the religion love the religion and really accept it from the bottom of your heart for this to work ... you can become a Muslim but not practicing or not understanding the religion may effect the relationship further on in the marriage... but you said your an atheist so my personal opinion to you is just move on .... is too much of a big difference trying to understand Islam in the short period of time you have left to get her..

atheism and Islam are two different worlds

I’m sure you’ll find another girl you can love so don’t over think it !

Plenty more fish in the sea
Original post by Gargi07
Well I think her brothers got involved because she was with a non Muslim guy. It’s a big think for most of the Muslim community.

Okay then he should convert to Islam if he is really in love with her, because I don't know but its my suggestion.
Reply 13
Original post by marshallbrown
Okay then he should convert to Islam if he is really in love with her, because I don't know but its my suggestion.

Well he said he’s ready to do that.
But now that she’s engaged to someone else, he should contact her before taking any step
Original post by Gargi07
Well he said he’s ready to do that.
But now that she’s engaged to someone else, he should contact her before taking any step

Oh Yes you are right he should contact the family and tell his feelings and that he is willing to convert to Islam, I hope they will accept him.
i want to cry for you oh my god, i am so sorry
listen usually in arab households arranged marriages happen alot, although she MIGHT be engaged, that doesnt mean she cant refuse it
you can talk to her and say hows life what do you do now etc as in catching up
if shes really engaged, i have to say u need to let her go
Another one bites the dust...
Original post by Andrew97
Another one bites the dust...

lol and whats that supposed to mean
Original post by miharuxx
i want to cry for you oh my god, i am so sorry
listen usually in arab households arranged marriages happen alot, although she MIGHT be engaged, that doesnt mean she cant refuse it
you can talk to her and say hows life what do you do now etc as in catching up
if shes really engaged, i have to say u need to let her go

Noo he can talk to her family maybe they accepts him, he should try once
Original post by miharuxx
lol and whats that supposed to mean

I’ll let you choose.

for me it’s this thread. Which will soon spiral out of control.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending