The Student Room Group

Craving cigarettes? :/

So I’ve only smoked straights (cigarettes out of a pack) about max 7 times in my life (mostly at parties/social events). But recently I’ve kept on wanting to smoke more and try some menthols.

Some of my friends suggested we try shisha/hookah but i Googled it and apparently it’s the equivalent of smoking 100-200 cigarettes- so I don’t really want to try shisha - but then I feel that smoking would be better than shisha?

I can’t help but want to try some menthols (and no I’m not doing it to look ‘cool’) - idk if it’s bc of stress or could it be the passive smoke from my friends that smoke a lot?

What should I do?? I saw a reddit post that said to try some Marlboro red and it will turn me off smoking haha??

Scroll to see replies

I don't smoke.
Reply 2
Original post by Rayman,,.
I don't smoke.

Umm okay?? Thanks for the advice
Reply 3
Original post by Rayman,,.
Smoke weed instead.

Ok bye.
Reply 4
Bump... :/
Buy a Juul.
Reply 7
Original post by random_matt
Buy a Juul.

Someone told me if I really was gonna smoke a cigarette I should vape instead... there’s also 0% nicotine ones ... idk
Same, I've grown up in households being the only person who doesn't smoke, and ever since I've moved out I've suddenly had the urge to try it myself. The only thing stopping me is the price and knowing I'd have to actually ask the person behind the counter for them instead of grab them off the shelf lmao. So yeah, probably is from a mix of stress and passive smoking for you too. Maybe look for other ways to cope with stress, a smoking addiction really doesn't sound worth it.
Original post by Anonymous
Someone told me if I really was gonna smoke a cigarette I should vape instead... there’s also 0% nicotine ones ... idk

Personally you should not contemplate either, but the juul has enough nicotine in the pods that make up a 20 pack. I'm a ex-smoker, so sub-olm vaping is great for me.
So I’ve only smoked straights (cigarettes out of a pack) about max 7 times in my life (mostly at parties/social events). But recently I’ve kept on wanting to smoke more and try some menthols.

Some of my friends suggested we try shisha/hookah but i Googled it and apparently it’s the equivalent of smoking 100-200 cigarettes- so I don’t really want to try shisha - but then I feel that smoking would be better than shisha?

I can’t help but want to try some menthols (and no I’m not doing it to look ‘cool’) - idk if it’s bc of stress or could it be the passive smoke from my friends that smoke a lot?

What should I do?? I saw a reddit post that said to try some Marlboro red and it will turn me off smoking haha??
Get an e-cig and an oil with a mild dose of nicotine, the mildest you can get.
Personally you should not contemplate either, but the juul has enough nicotine in the pods that make up a 20 pack. I'm a ex-smoker, so sub-olm vaping is great for me.

Yeah, could get the ones with 0% nicotine but idk
Original post by velvethopes
Same, I've grown up in households being the only person who doesn't smoke, and ever since I've moved out I've suddenly had the urge to try it myself. The only thing stopping me is the price and knowing I'd have to actually ask the person behind the counter for them instead of grab them off the shelf lmao. So yeah, probably is from a mix of stress and passive smoking for you too. Maybe look for other ways to cope with stress, a smoking addiction really doesn't sound worth it.

Nearly all my friends that haven’t gone uni smoke socially but I don’t - idk wut to do
Original post by Tootles
Get an e-cig and an oil with a mild dose of nicotine, the mildest you can get.

Y not the juices with 0% nicotine?
Nearly all my friends that haven’t gone uni smoke socially but I don’t - idk wut to do

And I know the reason why I’m craving cigarettes is not because they are or wanting to look ‘cool’
Y not the juices with 0% nicotine?
Because a small dose (a) won't do you any harm, (b) will satisfy the craving better than no dose at all and (c) is much harder to overdo than the stronger oils or cigarettes.
Non nicotine ejuice is pointless, like non alcoholic beer.
Original post by Tootles
Because a small dose (a) won't do you any harm, (b) will satisfy the craving better than no dose at all and (c) is much harder to overdo than the stronger oils or cigarettes.

Ahh okay, when you said ‘oil’ in your first post, did you mean the flavoured juices??
Non nicotine ejuice is pointless, like non alcoholic beer.

Ppl drink non-alcoholic beer eg ppl who can’t drink alcohol?
Ahh okay, when you said ‘oil’ in your first post, did you mean the flavoured juices??
Yes. You don't have to go with the silly flavours though, I stick to menthol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending