The Student Room Group

Opinions on my GCSE revision plan?

Im planning on going through every topic in RE, Science, History, Geography which is around 500 topics and with 6-7 subjects a day will take me to around 20th of April. And ill be doing maths and english past papers every weekend? Should i do this or should i change anything?! Thanks
Reply 1
ummmm, make sure that you pace yourself - you dont want to "overwork" yourself!!!!
How long would you spend on each subject?
Reply 2
Original post by app_
ummmm, make sure that you pace yourself - you dont want to "overwork" yourself!!!!
How long would you spend on each subject?

Roughly 20 minutes on each subject, i got a 1 in RE mocks and 2 in all sciences so i think i should go through all of it. Im honestly screwed for gcses tbh
Reply 3
Key thing when revising is to write down notes, don't just read through everything. Writing stuff down really helps you absorb information (even if you don't get around to reading back through it again). Also, you need to go back over what you've revised again a bit later, i.e. nearer to the exam, as this reinforces what you've learnt.
Original post by George421
Roughly 20 minutes on each subject, i got a 1 in RE mocks and 2 in all sciences so i think i should go through all of it. Im honestly screwed for gcses tbh

I think it would be better to do fewer subjects per day and spend more time on those subjects
Reply 5
Original post by blackvoid17
I think it would be better to do fewer subjects per day and spend more time on those subjects

Yh might just give up on Food Tech and French and focus on RE, English, Maths, Science, History, Geography. Will failing french and food techs with grade 2s affect anything in the future like sixth form or university?
Original post by George421
Yh might just give up on Food Tech and French and focus on RE, English, Maths, Science, History, Geography. Will failing french and food techs with grade 2s affect anything in the future like sixth form or university?

Dont give up on them completely but maybe just spend more time on those other subjects. Some sixth forms may ask for certain grades at GCSE so I cant say.

Quick Reply

Latest