The Student Room Group

Is driving to school fun?

hehehe any responses much appreciated, I'll reply fast lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For me not at all haha. Everyone asks me for rides and the traffic after school is horrible.
Original post by J.George

i really liked it. everyone envied me for having a car but i was very lucky that residential roads with loose parking restrictions backed onto the college, which allowed me to park, otherwise it would have been impossible
Reply 3
Original post by Catquade
For me not at all haha. Everyone asks me for rides and the traffic after school is horrible.

yeah the after school traffic is probably a nightmare.. btw i'm learning to drive, got my test booked Feb 28th and personally I can't wait to drive from and to school
Reply 4
Original post by CollectiveSoul
i really liked it. everyone envied me for having a car but i was very lucky that residential roads with loose parking restrictions backed onto the college, which allowed me to park, otherwise it would have been impossible

the freedom must be great right??
Reply 5
yeah the after school traffic is probably a nightmare.. btw i'm learning to drive, got my test booked Feb 28th and personally I can't wait to drive from and to school

That’s how I was and other than bad traffic driving is the best! It’s really nice to be able to go wherever I want without relying on other people.
When I passed I could drive 30 mins to college instead of 1hr 30m on the train. I could also go out at lunch in it.
Reply 7
No.

It's a novelty that soon wears off. It's just commuting.
Reply 8
If you're using it as a flex, it will die off quickly.

After a month it becomes the norm and more of an annoyance as your wallet will be empty.

As someone who has driven past my old school in rush hour at 8am, definitely not.

Especially when you get mini roundabouts on blind corners or traffic light controlled 4 way unctions every 10 ft
Reply 10
Original post by Catquade
That’s how I was and other than bad traffic driving is the best! It’s really nice to be able to go wherever I want without relying on other people.

so do you wake up earlier or later than you used to wake up before you had a car to drive to school?
Reply 11
Original post by Aaron702
When I passed I could drive 30 mins to college instead of 1hr 30m on the train. I could also go out at lunch in it.

best thing about driving?
Reply 12
Original post by Drewski
No.

It's a novelty that soon wears off. It's just commuting.

yeah but you must be conscious of how great being able to drive is...
yeah but you must be conscious of how great being able to drive is...

I wouldn't have driven to my school even if you bought me a car. What's the point of driving on busy roads and trying to find parking when walking would take 5 minutes longer?
so do you wake up earlier or later than you used to wake up before you had a car to drive to school?

Well I have practice at 6 am most days so I don’t wake up earlier but I get home later than normal.
Reply 15
Original post by jameswhughes
I wouldn't have driven to my school even if you bought me a car. What's the point of driving on busy roads and trying to find parking when walking would take 5 minutes longer?

Yeah it's different for me, 35 mins drive, 5-6 hours walk
Reply 16
Original post by Blue_Cow
As someone who has driven past my old school in rush hour at 8am, definitely not.

Especially when you get mini roundabouts on blind corners or traffic light controlled 4 way unctions every 10 ft

so now do u wake up earlier or later to drive to school than you did before you started driving to school??
so now do u wake up earlier or later to drive to school than you did before you started driving to school??

I'm at university now - I never did drive to school.

I have driven past my own school before at rush hour and it is horrible.

I mean, I had to wake up at 05:30 to get to sixth form anyway as I took the train, but I suppose if I did have a car back then I would have been able to wake up a lot later :smile:
I did it once after I passed for the novelty of it, struggled to find a parking space. Never did it again.
Reply 19
Original post by julietlima3
I did it once after I passed for the novelty of it, struggled to find a parking space. Never did it again.

wtf lol

Quick Reply

Latest