The Student Room Group

Time zone questions!

1. Miss Morton is taking a trip to visit her sister in Auckland, New Zealand. Her flight leaves Philadelphia, at 7 AM Friday and is scheduled to take 18 hours. What time (and day!) should she tell her sister to pick her up at the Auckland airport, assuming she needs an extra half hour to de-plane and pick up her bags?

2. Sarah is a bridesmaid in best friend’s wedding in Los Angeles. The wedding is scheduled for 6 PM on Saturday. Sarah’s flight leaves Philadelphia at 1 PM Saturday afternoon and is scheduled to take 6 hours. Assuming it will take her an extra hour to get to the ceremony location from the airport and another hour to get ready, will Sarah be ready for the wedding on time?

I understand how to do them, just want the answers as I can't find them.

Lee!
Reply 1
Original post by meobeou
1. Miss Morton is taking a trip to visit her sister in Auckland, New Zealand. Her flight leaves Philadelphia, at 7 AM Friday and is scheduled to take 18 hours. What time (and day!) should she tell her sister to pick her up at the Auckland airport, assuming she needs an extra half hour to de-plane and pick up her bags?

2. Sarah is a bridesmaid in best friend’s wedding in Los Angeles. The wedding is scheduled for 6 PM on Saturday. Sarah’s flight leaves Philadelphia at 1 PM Saturday afternoon and is scheduled to take 6 hours. Assuming it will take her an extra hour to get to the ceremony location from the airport and another hour to get ready, will Sarah be ready for the wedding on time?

I understand how to do them, just want the answers as I can't find them.

Lee!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5650736
Reply 2
Well what is the time difference and what is 18 hours past 7AM?

Quick Reply

Latest