The Student Room Group

I really want a bf

I don’t want to come across desperate but I really want a boyfriend.
Currently it’s difficult going to an essentially “all white” school and being one of the only black girls, idk what to do... most ppl say they aren’t interested and it lowers my self esteem tbh. Idk what to do
I know how that feels (brings back memories... and not happy ones lol).

Yeah, I've had to overcome the whole skin colour barrier... I remember one girl I really fancied once said to me, "You know I think you'd be really fit... if only you were white" Best compliment I ever had... So yeah, I know what it's like to feel like you're not getting anywhere because of your skin colour.

Thing you have to remember is that most people will have their hang-ups... some people it will be their weight, height, a bad acne problem... just for people like us it can be skin colour (It can sometimes work in your favour though, I know you probably don't believe me right now). Nonetheless, I'll give you a a few pointers:-

Inside school:- As said, I know it's not nice when people aren't interested in you because of your colour... what you need to do is to spot the guys who are likely to be less hung up on colour. From my experience, these normally are the ones who have at least one "non-caucasian" friend in their close group of friends. That would typically suggest that at the very least they'll be open to the suggestion even if they haven't actually dated outside their own race.

Outside school:- How strict are your parents? How would they feel about you joining an after-school club or society? That gives you the opportunity to meet new people and widen your potential dating pool. Have a think about what interests you have... are you into drama, do you like to dance... or are you more into harder sports? Are you interested in volunteering for things? The other advantage is that the guys you'll meet there will already have a mutual interest and gives you a talking point.

Failing all that, at University, you'll be innundated with indecent proposals :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
I know how that feels (brings back memories... and not happy ones lol).

Yeah, I've had to overcome the whole skin colour barrier... I remember one girl I really fancied once said to me, "You know I think you'd be really fit... if only you were white" Best compliment I ever had... So yeah, I know what it's like to feel like you're not getting anywhere because of your skin colour.

Thing you have to remember is that most people will have their hang-ups... some people it will be their weight, height, a bad acne problem... just for people like us it can be skin colour (It can sometimes work in your favour though, I know you probably don't believe me right now). Nonetheless, I'll give you a a few pointers:-

Inside school:- As said, I know it's not nice when people aren't interested in you because of your colour... what you need to do is to spot the guys who are likely to be less hung up on colour. From my experience, these normally are the ones who have at least one "non-caucasian" friend in their close group of friends. That would typically suggest that at the very least they'll be open to the suggestion even if they haven't actually dated outside their own race.

Outside school:- How strict are your parents? How would they feel about you joining an after-school club or society? That gives you the opportunity to meet new people and widen your potential dating pool. Have a think about what interests you have... are you into drama, do you like to dance... or are you more into harder sports? Are you interested in volunteering for things? The other advantage is that the guys you'll meet there will already have a mutual interest and gives you a talking point.

Failing all that, at University, you'll be innundated with indecent proposals :wink:

Omg 😂 this is such good advice!! Thank you. I’ve never thought about it that way :smile: I will try and keep a close eye with the boys and their friendship group.
Also as I’m going to uni this year, I was counting on there hopefully being more opportunities aha :smile:))
Original post by Anonymous
Currently it’s difficult going to an essentially “all white” school and being one of the only black girls, idk what to do... most ppl say they aren’t interested and it lowers my self esteem tbh. Idk what to do

Hey I used to go to an all white school and I didn’t get the impression anyone was interested, but I found someone outside of school , you shouldn’t worry your time will come , maybe go out to meet new people that could help .
Reply 4
Original post by Tyra _21
Hey I used to go to an all white school and I didn’t get the impression anyone was interested, but I found someone outside of school , you shouldn’t worry your time will come , maybe go out to meet new people that could help .

Thank you so much :smile: I will tryyy
Thank you so much :smile: I will tryyy

Your welcome xx

I can help u out. Pm me
Reply 7

maybe look around your friends friends and like hang out.
where so nice clothes :smile:
Plenty of time for a boyfriend, you are still in school.
Reply 10
Original post by Rock Fan
Plenty of time for a boyfriend, you are still in school.

i am still 5
black girls are clapped that’s why
^^^ not needed
Young Mrs. Regarding your desperate need of a boyfriend; if your goal is to use the next few years of school to attain something that will see you through to your earthly end, the LAST thing you.need is a boyfriend.
Reply 14
i think that every girl wants a boyfriend, sometimes that can be hard to find the perfect one
Lol. I can help. If you PM me.
Reply 16
Original post by realbloodymary
Lol. I can help. If you PM me.

yeah u can
Original post by KimNoel
yeah u can

yes I can.

i aM blOoDy mArY! i aM nOt cReePy!

i comd from the darkest part of hell. I shall come when you say my name while in a threesome.

I will help you by taking you to the darkest part of hell. Satan is very handsome and has a taste for mortal beings like yourself. PM me and I shall give you the recipe. With this recipe you shall enter Hell and meet Satan.
Original post by realbloodymary
yes I can.

i aM blOoDy mArY! i aM nOt cReePy!

i comd from the darkest part of hell. I shall come when you say my name while in a threesome.

I will help you by taking you to the darkest part of hell. Satan is very handsome and has a taste for mortal beings like yourself. PM me and I shall give you the recipe. With this recipe you shall enter Hell and meet Satan.

ok, before anyone reports me. I am not bloodymary taking human form who bought an s8+ from carphone warehouse and stole someones wifi to make a TSR account and haunt you people.
Do you want a white guy or a black guy also are you a virgin?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending