The Student Room Group

Can I do the Mechanics 3 without A-level physic background?

I'm sitting for Edexcel IAL exam.
I'm thinking of doing the M3 modules of Edexcel maths and just wanted to know if I have been never studying physics in Edexcel A-Levels, can I handle the question without A-level physic background?

I have been taking C12 C34 M1 M2 S1 S2 S3 FP1 FP2 FP3
C12 C34 M1 M2 S1 S2 and FP1 exams are done

Why do I want to study M3? because I'm afraid I can't get a better grade in FP2 so I want to use M3 modular for the sake of the grade A in A2 level maths

I think M1 and M2 aren't difficult for me because I finish all the paper from June 2001 to 2018.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Siuhongm
I'm thinking of doing the M3 modules of Edexcel maths and just wanted to know if I have been never studying physics in Edexcel A-Levels, can I handle the question without A-level physic background?

Why do I want to study M3? because I'm afraid I can't get a better grade in FP2 so I want to use M3 modular for the sake of the grade A in A2 level maths

I think M1 and M2 aren't difficult for me because I finish all the paper from June 2001 to 2018.

If you had no problems with M1 and M2 I thnk it's unlikely you'll have any with M3 (it's harder mathematically but the actual physics-like content isn't much).
yeah i failed a level as physics (did no work for it)
but did fine in M3
Original post by Siuhongm

No it's fine check the specification as the only pre-requisites will be M1 M2 C12 and C34 only is required.

Quick Reply

Latest