North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Gabjaden
I have applied to do Health Studies, I’m still waiting for a response. 😊🤞

Which one
Original post by Amberlug
Wow congratulations, I applied on 15th Jan 2019 as that was the deadline but I haven't received any decision yet =( I applied for criminology too.

I’m sure you’ll hear back as soon as is possible so I wouldn’t worry too much :smile: I must admit I have been very lucky in getting offers so soon though. It’s frustrating waiting for a response but I hope you’re not having too much of a hard time sticking it out! :smile:
Original post by yemenia16
Which one

I applied for the Health Studies with Public Health Bsc Hons
Hi, I received an offer from BCU to study media production, however, in the letter they sent me through UCAS, it said that if I was to choose BCU as my firm choice they would change my offer from a conditional to an unconditional and that I may be eligible for a £1000 scholarship. I just wanted to know if anyone else got this offer?

thanks, guys! x
Reply 45
Original post by Melanie3135
Hi, I received an offer from BCU to study media production, however, in the letter they sent me through UCAS, it said that if I was to choose BCU as my firm choice they would change my offer from a conditional to an unconditional and that I may be eligible for a £1000 scholarship. I just wanted to know if anyone else got this offer?

thanks, guys! x

I got an unconditional offer and £1000 too for Criminology, but it seems a bit fishy to me because so many students are getting the same offers
Original post by adamwan
I got an unconditional offer and £1000 too for Criminology, but it seems a bit fishy to me because so many students are getting the same offers

THIS IS THE THING! When I went to the open day for BCU I fell in love with it but now I'm not so sure... it seems as if it's just a ploy to get students into the uni. Are you going to take your offer??
Reply 47
THIS IS THE THING! When I went to the open day for BCU I fell in love with it but now I'm not so sure... it seems as if it's just a ploy to get students into the uni. Are you going to take your offer??

I'm thinking the same thing!! I'm beggining to have second thoughts about it after seeing so many people also having this offer. Most likely not going to take it.
Reply 48
I have applied for marketing digital and didn’t get such an offer, so accept it if you’re keen on the university really!

Literally like a third of students get unconditionals these days because less people want to go to uni anymore. Of course they’re gonna give out a lot of unconditionals because they’re trying to make profit!

If you like the uni it shouldn’t matter that loads of other people got nice offers, it’s the same at every school. + it’s just likely that a lot of the people who would come on this feed already have secured places.

Good luck though, make whatever decision is right for you!
Original post by adamwan
I'm thinking the same thing!! I'm beggining to have second thoughts about it after seeing so many people also having this offer. Most likely not going to take it.

Hi @adamwan and @Melanie3135,

Congratulations to you both for your successful applications and being offered a place to study with us at BCU. We’re so glad you want to come and study with us.
We love that you have been so excited by what you saw at BCU, on our Open Days. A lot can be said for trusting your feelings if you have fallen in love with our facilities, the city or the courses we offer when deciding where to spend the next three years of your life. We understand that our Meet or Beat scholarship might seem a bit too good to be true, so we just wanted to give you some more info about it.

This is the first year that we are offering this scholarship to our students, so we are keen to offer it to as many as possible! This may be why you feel like so many people are talking about it, now that their offer letters are coming through.

We know how stressful it can be working to achieve your A-level grades, alongside the pressure of worrying if you’re going to secure the uni place you want. So we want to do what we can to help you stay motivated over the next six months to acheive your full potential during exam season. We're keen to be able to reward the hard work you are putting in, as well as give you a little financial boost for starting uni.

The money from the scholarship is not locked into any rules that you have to spend it at BCU or on campus. The money is there for you to spend on whatever you wish, whether that’s a laptop, equipment for your course or you can even use it to deck out your bedroom.

There is more info about how the scholarship is paid, who is and is not eligible and what to do if you want to defer your studies on our website, but we won’t bore you will all the technical legal details here!

We hope that has made it a little clearer and reassured you that we just want to give something back to you as a reward for your achievements. Please give us a shout if you have any more questions or concerns!

The BCU Team :h:
Hi! I've received a conditional offer for Fashion Business and Promotion and I couldn't be more excited for September; has anyone else applied for either the FBP course or the any of the fashion courses?
Reply 52
When are you planning on turning in your decisions? Or maybe you guys are still waiting for the rest of offers?
Original post by lb020499
Has anyone else applied to study BS Computing? I got an offer under condition.

Hi Ib020499,
I'm one of the academic staff here at BCU. Many congratulations on your offer and I look forward to seeing you, maybe at an Applicant Taster Day. Don't worry, you will be invited. We have many courses in Computing here, Which particular one have you chosen? Chas
Original post by lb020499
Has anyone else applied to study BS Computing? I got an offer under condition.

Hi Ib020499,
I'm one of the academic staff here at BCU. Many congratulations on your offer and I look forward to seeing you, maybe at an Applicant Taster Day. Don't worry, you will be invited. We have many courses in Computing here, Which particular one have you chosen? Chas
Original post by chasmarwaha
Hi Ib020499,

Digital Media and Computing
I got an unconditional offer for BCU aswell , I’m stuck between Birmingham and Manchester as there is pros and cons go both! The student accom in Birmingham looks so nice though 😍
Heya, so I just accepted my offer to study English at BCU and I was wondering about the car parking situation at your student accommodation? I know Jennens Court has 'limited parking', just so happens that your website shows that as one of the closest ones to where my classes will be, so I was wondering what the parking is like and how it works? Do you reserve a space or is it just a case of if there's a space you use it and if not find somewhere else to park? I've been searching Google endlessy but really can't find an answer so thought I'd ask on here! Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Besseu13
Heya, so I just accepted my offer to study English at BCU and I was wondering about the car parking situation at your student accommodation? I know Jennens Court has 'limited parking', just so happens that your website shows that as one of the closest ones to where my classes will be, so I was wondering what the parking is like and how it works? Do you reserve a space or is it just a case of if there's a space you use it and if not find somewhere else to park? I've been searching Google endlessy but really can't find an answer so thought I'd ask on here! Thank you! :smile:

Hey Besseu13,

Congrats on accepting your offer! :thumbsup: That's right, Jennens Court is super close to the Curzon Building where you'll be based for English and they have some parking available. If you want to find out exactly how the parking works, I suggest contacting our accommodation team who will be able to give you all the answers! You can either enquire online here, email them at [email protected] or call 0121 331 5191.

Hope this helps, and do let us know if you have any other questions!
Thanks,
Lydia
Original post by Asiandoll
I got an unconditional offer for BCU aswell , I’m stuck between Birmingham and Manchester as there is pros and cons go both! The student accom in Birmingham looks so nice though 😍

Hi Asiandoll,

Congratualtions on your offer! We're really pleased you're considering us and glad you like our accommodation :h: If you have any questions in particular or want to know what you can expect if you study with us, just let us know! I used to be a student here so am happy to answer any questions.

I'll be back online next week - have a great weekend!
Lydia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending