The Student Room Group

Would you vote for my party?

Party name: Workers Union / Worker's Union Party (WUP)

Slogan: Unite and Conquer

Political orientation: Leftwing

Other political beliefs: Socially conservative, antifacist, antiracism, Euroscecptic, Pro Brexit,

Party Manifesto: - Hold a referendum on NI staying in the UK - Increase minimum wage to £12 -

Scrap current prison system and
replace it with a "work camp" style system. Low risk prisoners and some medium risk prisoners will take on work in factories or on farms where there are not enough workers for free. They will sleep outside in tents. Old prisons will be sold off and turned into social housing

- Scrap Trident. if fail to get support, hold a referendum

- Forge closer economic ties with Russia

- Quit NATO

- Have a programme to enroll students over 16 who fail to get grades to enlist them into the army

- Reduce salary of MP's to £65,000. Money saved will be spent on NHS

- Nationalise trains
- Nationalise buses - Nationalise utility (gas electricity etc)

- Tax people who earn over £100,000 by 30%

- Seize unnecessary royal property (furniture etc) and sell it. Spend it on NHS and education

- Cut PM pay to £95,000

- Encourage economic investment by introducing low taxes for British businesses that want to compete with international businesses

- Cut arms supply to Saudi Arabia - Ban the new construction of private property

- Cut tax that goes towards monarchy. Currently it is 69p - cut it to 30p pp, remaining 39p can be spent on mental health care

- Hold a referendum on Britain becoming a Republic - Establish an English Parliament

- Conduct a national enquiry into rape gangs in Britain

- Limit net migration for unskilled workers to 100 per year

- End mass surveillance on the public

- Give asylum to Julian Assange

- Ban changing your gender until 21

- Make bullying in schools a criminal offense

- Conduct a national enquiry into children's suicides

- Ban the construction of high rise buildings

- Legalise marijuana and tax it

- Change the Justice system - minimum 25 years for murder, u16s to be put in prison for offenses such as possession of illegal substances and possession of knives as well as ASB

I would raise money for these changes by: ending trident Spending less on the army Spending less on the monarchy (and siezing their unnecessary goods) Spending less on prisons (by introducing my new system) MPs salaries cut PM salary cut

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ap.ferro

- Legalise marijuana and tax it

ah **** yeh bro i'm in
this is basically communism but slightly more reformed??
We need a left wing brexiteer party in the uk right now. Something i'd consider voting for. It should be labour, but it looks like corbyns going for a second referendum, despite being a lifelong eurosceptic.
Reply 4
Original post by horse&ponylover
this is basically communism but slightly more reformed??

Sort of, no party that declares itself communist will win, and i'm against some ideas of communism. I believe there should be privatised things like some businesses but at the end of the day, businesses are for customers, not for businesspeople. Essential services like railway cannot be run as a business.
Reply 5
Original post by Computernerd1810
We need a left wing brexiteer party in the uk right now. Something i'd consider voting for. It should be labour, but it looks like corbyns going for a second referendum, despite being a lifelong eurosceptic.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/WUParty?lang=en

He should have called the no confidence vote earlier tbh
Reply 6
Why make people who fail and are above 16 enlist into the army?
I don't think everyone wants to die for their country.
Reply 7
Original post by BillyMic
Why make people who fail and are above 16 enlist into the army?
I don't think everyone wants to die for their country.

I think the problem with our country is with the crony capitalism we have people do not feel they have a purpose. They cannot get a job; they have no morale. I'm not suggesting they be deployed, in fact, an army under my party would be more of a Defense Force rather than an army that routinely goes to war. The army would deploy in small numbers to some conflicts. More about discipline and stability really. In the army they can also gain some qualifications so when they leave they are ready for the outside world
Putting the minimum wage at £12 would kill the economy. Firms wouldn’t be able to afford to hire labour, small businesses would be no more, the U.K. economy would be ruled by monopolies, exports would plummet due to the lack of a comparative advantage (which would increase our already high Balance of Payments deficit, economic growth would reduce due to lack of exports, the high amount of unemployed would drain the taxes of those still in work, disposable incomes would fall, spending would plummet and we would enter a deep recession that would be almost imposssibe to get out of without removing the £12 minimum wage. But apart from ruining the economy... Great!
Reply 9
I think the problem with our country is with the crony capitalism we have people do not feel they have a purpose. They cannot get a job; they have no morale. I'm not suggesting they be deployed, in fact, an army under my party would be more of a Defense Force rather than an army that routinely goes to war. The army would deploy in small numbers to some conflicts. More about discipline and stability really. In the army they can also gain some qualifications so when they leave they are ready for the outside world

Mhm I understand, but about the arms deal, why cut it off? Saudi spends a crap ton of weapons a year and that makes UK a bit of money, cut it off means you'd lose a crazy amount of money.
LOL No way on Earth - look how popular the commie Corbyn is making Labour lol
Reply 11
Mhm I understand, but about the arms deal, why cut it off? Saudi spends a crap ton of weapons a year and that makes UK a bit of money, cut it off means you'd lose a crazy amount of money.

Ethical reasons, obviously by then the war in yemen might be over. I would find other countries to sell weapons to.
Ethical reasons, obviously by then the war in yemen might be over. I would find other countries to sell weapons to.

But you'd forge ties with Russia, a country that's being ethically wrong in every single way and is being attacked verbally from every side. Remember, Theresa May blamed Russia for the attack in England.
Reply 13
Original post by Yourdumb01
Putting the minimum wage at £12 would kill the economy. Firms wouldn’t be able to afford to hire labour, small businesses would be no more, the U.K. economy would be ruled by monopolies, exports would plummet due to the lack of a comparative advantage (which would increase our already high Balance of Payments deficit, economic growth would reduce due to lack of exports, the high amount of unemployed would drain the taxes of those still in work, disposable incomes would fall, spending would plummet and we would enter a deep recession that would be almost imposssibe to get out of without removing the £12 minimum wage. But apart from ruining the economy... Great!

It would be more of an aim than an outright phase, implemetning it in stages. Guess it would be £10 first.
It would be more of an aim than an outright phase, implemetning it in stages. Guess it would be £10 first.

£10 would be too much, it is at £7.25 at the moment, the max you could set it without messing up everything if £8 or just limiting the amount of damage done.
Sort of, no party that declares itself communist will win, and i'm against some ideas of communism. I believe there should be privatised things like some businesses but at the end of the day, businesses are for customers, not for businesspeople. Essential services like railway cannot be run as a business.

Oh that sounds ok then. I thought with the camps instead of prison it sounded a bit like the gulag:s-smilie: lol.
Reply 16
£10 would be too much, it is at £7.25 at the moment, the max you could set it without messing up everything if £8 or just limiting the amount of damage done.

Oh really? I thought it was about £9.50, OOPS. Guess I was reading the wrong thing. Definitely £8 then, sorry, should have checked another source

The U.K. government sets the minimum wage after looking at many different life costs. If they could bump it up to 10 pounds without any consequences then why hasn’t it been done already.
Every government would aim for higher minimum wages but it is better to allow the free market to find the price of labour too much intervention causes other problems down the line
Reply 18
Original post by horse&ponylover
Oh that sounds ok then. I thought with the camps instead of prison it sounded a bit like the gulag:s-smilie: lol.

I know, it's just I worked out a lot of money could be saved because currently there are around 92,000 prisoners in UK. Account for 100K to account for more people I would imprison...

The camps would be on either requestioned land or old military bases that haven't already been snapped up for housing. Fit 2K prisoners on each "camp". You would need just 50 sites across the country. Getting them to do work is good because it would be tough sleeping outside and also the work contributes to the economy, ie, they say many EU migrants did work on farms, now many have left, we can have prisoners do it for free.
Very few good ideas, the work camp being the only one I agree with, most of it is just communist nonsense and I would rather die than try and destroy the monarchy or lose our rightful land in Ireland

Quick Reply