The Student Room Group

Act 2, Scene 1... GO!

Welcome to Wonderland, my dears!

7dae250674378de3068616a59c049747.jpg

Act 2 is starting, but I don't think Act One ever started...

This is attempt 2 at this whole GYG thing, hopefully done right this time. I want to do it right, after all, the show must continue right?

My name is Rachana, I'm a first year A-level student.
I study: Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Biology.

I'm not a good role model but I want to try to do something I'll be proud of by the end.

I want this thread to be fun, I want to enjoy myself first and foremost and make friends. I'm not gonna be strict, and this is going to an exhilarating ride down the rabbit hole!

P.S. Don't you love fairytales?

I do, so you bet your asses that this is going to have plenty of pretty moodboards as a result of procrastination and exaggerated references and quotes!

P.P.S. Would you like to know more about me?
Best of luck! :party:
Reply 2
Good luck with your GYG! :biggrin:
Original post by Odium
Good luck with your GYG! :biggrin:

Thank you, i'mm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it!
Original post by emilynxlan
Best of luck! :party:

Thank you! You added the first pop of bright colours here!
Stay tuned!
Act 2, Scene 2
Don't we all just wanna run away sometimes?
castle.jpg
It's Day Two! The first part of this, I have succeeded in!
Today was a hard day and quite depressing tbh. Probably a bad time to be writing this, but it's mock week so I've been having tests everyday.
For the most part, I'm good (apart from revising the night before and waking up at 3am to revise...
Anyway, it's hard but I'm surviving and I only have one more.
Biology, good enough - although I didn't expect the questions, I mainly revised Biomelecules since it's a new topic, one damn, bloody question was on it!
Literally everything all of it was Cell Division, the one of the few topics I hadn't revised!
I didn't even know the phases of Mitosis!
So that happened.

Next, Chemistry, and by god did this start horribly! The MCQs were so hard!
But it got better! The actual questions were much better but my time management was horrific so I missed the last 1.5 pages. I think it went the best out of all, tbh.
Then Economics Micro, I knew what I was doing but again, time management - absolutely horrific. I didn't give myself enough time on the essay questions cuz I spent so long at the beginning doing those pesky 7 markers (which were freaking confusing!) So missed around 20 marks straight up.
I have Macro tomorrow...
Last Maths... yk when people say they did ****, but they didn't really?
Today's not that say, I came home and stared at the wall for an hour once I finished it, I did the first paper 2 days ago and 2nd today.
They were just horrific, I would read the questions and just nothing, today I skipped around 30 marks of questions, it was out to 57 marks... and the first paper was worse.
I spent the better part of the hour just trying to figure anything out...
So not the greatest day, to say the least.
But hey, did you read the entire rant??
Bye, wish me luck for tomorrow, I'm going find some flashcards on the internet!
So first off, quick update on the Macro exam.
Didn’t go very well, I got a migraine midway through it and didn’t actually do the last 3 questions which (funnily) was 90% of the paper and was the main essay...

But I don’t blame anyone for that, it was my own fault for not sleeping in like a week and expecting to be fine by drowning in coffee.

That’s it, now the official update!
Read on!!
Act 2, Scene 3
Some day, you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.
book.jpg
I’m an hour into my two hour free/study sessions right now. Another weekend has gone by, I don’t really know where, perhaps sleeping 💤...

I just had Biology where were starting a new module!

And in the first session, I wrote notes on it... then tried to take the paper out... and it ripped!
I mean, come on!

So, that’ll probably be taped together later...
and I’m going to do the 2nd section now, and not try to rip it this time!

Toodles!

P.S. You should listen to Greta Svabo Bech ft. Ludovico Einaudi - Circles! The remix is beautiful, it has been on repeat for me!
(edited 5 years ago)
Act 2, Scene 4
You have to be odd to be no.1. -Dr Suess

freer.jpg

It's been a week? Woah, time really flies when you're stressed huh?

It's Friday, I have the next two days free so hopefully I'll actually do something this weekend, especially since I have a god damn lot to do!

This week has been an absolute roller coaster, I got my mock results so that's something although I'm ot particularly happy with them and my mind has been a mess.

First order of business for this weekend:
Cleaning my room!

I always feel like the my room affects my mood, I haven't sat at my desk in a week because looking at it stresses me out, so hopefully, once I clear it out and give my room a good makoever, I can get some peace!

After that I'm going to do my homework!

Who knows, I might even insert a picture of my (hopefully clean) desk later!
Best of luck love the format of ur GYG so inspirational love it :heart:
Act 2, Scene 5
Serendipity: chance occurrence of events in a desirable way
tsr.jpg
Welp! Hello again!!

Spoiler

Currently, my studies and school is sort of falling apart. I'm getting a U in Maths :frown:
And Cs in Bio and Chem... and god knows what in Economics and all my teachers are disappointed because they want me to do better and I am angry at myself so have started actually working in the past few days, therefore, I can update!!
Anyway, I'm doing Biology right now and was on a break so I thought why not?
And I want to show the work I've been doing!
Do you want to see what I've been doing for the past 30 mins?
This one page!
ts.jpg

I'm going to stretch a bit and go back to work now :h:
Act 2, Scene 6
We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents. -Bob Ross

tsr.jpg
Hello sweethearts! How are y'all?
Have your Easter holidays started? Mine haven't yet : (

I have been shopping all day and am finally starting to study so thought I'd also record for the interwebs!
I have quite a bit to do in the next few hours

Chemistry Reaction Mechanisms Mindmap
Oxidation of Alcohols Homework
Economics 25 mark essay (Micro)
Biology Flashcards on Exchange (maybe?)

ANyway! I'm gonna be taking you with me! Fun right??

And I picked some pretty flowers today whilst out, I might take some pictures... let's see.

And this is the playlist I've been listening to on repeat for the last week or so, I might switch to Chen's new album so I don't sing along though... I haven't been able to listen to it fully so I guess today is the day!

(Yeah, I first listened to it at 2 in the morning).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending