The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria University INTERVIEW

How long does it tske northumbria university to reply after an interview for primary education? It's my top choice, just a bit nervous! I have my interview on Monday 21st January!
I have an interview too then at Northumbria!! So nervous drop me a message if you like x
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hiya, I had my interview on wednesday 16th and they said that they make the decision on the same day however it takes it longer to go through UCAS. It hasnt updated on ucas although I checked the Northumbria uni application portal they sent us a link to and I think they have made me an offer! good luck with your interview, it's a great day x
Original post by itsscynn_x
How long does it tske northumbria university to reply after an interview for primary education? It's my top choice, just a bit nervous! I have my interview on Monday 21st January!

Hi, sorry not sure on the reply time. But I’ve got an interview on Thursday for primary education at Northumbria and I was wondering if you’d be able to give me some advice about it since your interview is today? Northumbria is my first option so I don’t want to mess it up and I’m really nervous😩
Original post by Chloef649
Hi, sorry not sure on the reply time. But I’ve got an interview on Thursday for primary education at Northumbria and I was wondering if you’d be able to give me some advice about it since your interview is today? Northumbria is my first option so I don’t want to mess it up and I’m really nervous😩

Hiya, honestly just be yourself, they’re looking that you know what makes a good teacher and that you are a suitable person for the uni. The interview is a reading task followed by a short maths task then individual interviews. Just get stuck in and have your say when you can but don’t override the conversation because they want to know you participate as well as listen. I hope this helps a little bit x
Original post by Rosie2084
Hiya, honestly just be yourself, they’re looking that you know what makes a good teacher and that you are a suitable person for the uni. The interview is a reading task followed by a short maths task then individual interviews. Just get stuck in and have your say when you can but don’t override the conversation because they want to know you participate as well as listen. I hope this helps a little bit x

Could you explain a bit more about the reading and maths tasks please? Sorry I just want to be as prepared as I can be x
Reply 6
Original post by Chloef649
Could you explain a bit more about the reading and maths tasks please? Sorry I just want to be as prepared as I can be x

The reading is literally just a book in your group you all read like a page or so each and basically explain how u could put the book into activities and how it benefits children, and the maths is just an example of a childs work snd you need to identify the childs year group and whats good and bad about the work. GOOD LUCK! northumbrias my first choice too x
Reply 7
Original post by Loisbell2001
I have an interview too then at Northumbria!! So nervous drop me a message if you like x

Has anyone had an offer yet??
Yes, I got an offer from them :biggrin: anyone else?
Reply 9
Original post by Rosie2084
Yes, I got an offer from them :biggrin: anyone else?

When did you have your interview
Original post by itsscynn_x
When did you have your interview

Last Wednesday - 16th, Northumbria portal was updated; and said I had an offer 2 days later, then my ucas updated Tuesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending