The Student Room Group

How did Sala's plane disappear?

I know a lot of you guys may have heard about the footballer, Emiliano Sala's plane just disappearing as they (Sala and the pilot) were on the dodgy plane over the sea (English Channel) when he was travelling to Cardiff to move clubs from French club Nantes.

What do you guys actually think happened because the search and rescue team have been searching for 2 days now and found nothing.

I'm interested in what you guys have to say on this topic.
it was a single engined piston aircraft. they have more accidents than other types.
Reply 2
Original post by Just a passer-by
I know a lot of you guys may have heard about the footballer, Emiliano Sala's plane just disappearing as they (Sala and the pilot) were on the dodgy plane over the sea (English Channel) when he was travelling to Cardiff to move clubs from French club Nantes.

What do you guys actually think happened because the search and rescue team have been searching for 2 days now and found nothing.

I'm interested in what you guys have to say on this topic.

It crashed and sank, it's sad, but not a mystery.
Original post by the bear
it was a single engined piston aircraft. they have more accidents than other types.

Don't you think it was weird that his last message before boarding the plabe was "If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me." That was booky
Reply 4
Don't you think it was weird that his last message before boarding the plabe was "If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me." That was booky

Lots of people joke like that before getting on board. Plenty of the people aboard MH17 said similar, but then, so do lots before hundreds of flights everyday. Doesn't mean anything.

Don't invent conspiracies where there are none. It's unnecessary and gets you nowhere.
It crashed into a the sea and sank. Not really much more can be said.
I'd like to say they got on the raft and they just haven't been found yet but there are only so long people can search before that option is highly unlikely. If they haven't been found by now, they probably sank.
it is likely that the single propeller iced up in the freezing conditions and stopped working. very sad. no mystery.

They don't fall out of the sky when the engine stops.
Original post by TheStupidMoon
They don't fall out of the sky when the engine stops.

of course they don't :console:
*shrug* plane crash by the look of it, not seen anything credible suggesting anything else. Apparently his partner posted some cryptic football mafia comment then deleted it but that's not really anything to go on.

As a few have noted, it was a toty plane in bad conditions, engine issues or freezing to the flappy rudder things could have easily claimed it.
His ex was suggesting that the french mafia were involved.

Do you think they would have anything to do with the situation considering he's only a good player at best not world class.
His ex was suggesting that the french mafia were involved.

Do you think they would have anything to do with the situation considering he's only a good player at best not world class.

Or his ex didn't know what she is talking about and is probably trying to seek attention.
Reply 13
He is dead. They both are. If there has been no contact for 2 days then it must have crashed in which case they are dead for sure and they should give up looking for them. There is no 'hope' left.
"I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they cannot find me, but you will know… Dad, I'm scared!"
Reply 15
Original post by Stephan0
"I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they cannot find me, but you will know… Dad, I'm scared!"

The pilot would have needed to land the plane on water. They are bloody dead and even if they were alive, they will never be found and will die soon anyway
of course they don't :console:

You're getting confused with a helicopter and even they can still float down as long as the rotors can spin and tilt.
Original post by TheStupidMoon
You're getting confused with a helicopter and even they can still float down as long as the rotors can spin and tilt.

Falling out of the sky and a barely controlled drastic glide to a crash site aren't really that different in this context.
It crashed into the sea. Nothing else to say really.
Original post by Drewski
Falling out of the sky and a barely controlled drastic glide to a crash site aren't really that different in this context.

Of course they are. An aeroplane gliding due to loss of thrust is perfectly controllable.

It could be any number of things, we just don’t know. Mechanical failure is rare, icing isn’t and can lead to severe control problems if not acted upon.

Quick Reply

Latest