The Student Room Group

Trying out the Cornell note method

I’ve been pretty bad at taking notes my whole life. I usually don’t write stuff down even though I keep forcing my body to do so.

So here I am at home, trying out the Cornell note taking method. This is because I wanted to be able to learn about the narrative voices used in Frankenstein. But I didn’t know how to learn it. All I knew was that hey, this is note taking, and that I can use the internet too.

EAB49DCA-5E59-404D-9132-8D455DD4FA95.jpg.jpeg

As you can see on the top right side, it took me 1h and 7 minutes to complete this. And as you can also see, it is not actually finished. I’ve only done the note section although I need to do the cue section and the summary section.

I found it bizarre to do this note taking method because..

1) Not used to note taking anyway
2) I felt like I wasn’t really thinking before writing stuff down
3) Tbh, just overall confusion?

While I was doing the note taking, I just looked at notes from class (handouts that I didn’t fill in much, internet, etc. Then, I wrote stuff down that I kind of understood.
Cornell method is the best for me, but takes a while to get used to it. In lectures I take notes normally and use the cornell method when I am at home using the lecture slides to fill it in.

I also recommend just buying Cornell notepads from amazon, they are already formatted correctly.
Oh shoot! I was supposed to post this elsewhere lol
Original post by random_matt
In lectures I take notes normally and use the cornell method when I am at home using the lecture slides to fill it in.

What if you didn’t attend the lecture or class but knew you had to study certain topics?
Original post by 01rulestown
What if you didn’t attend the lecture or class but knew you had to study certain topics?

At the very least you will have the slides on blackboard, and you should be doing extra reading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending