The Student Room Group

How likely am I to get admitted in these schools?(CBSE board)

I am doing my 11th class from CBSE right now. I got 88% in 10th CBSE. And I hope to achieve more than 95% in 12th. I have topped every class from 4th to 9th. The reason I got comparatively lower marks in 10th was because I lost interest in my subjects. I hated my science subject which dragged my overall score down. So, in 11th I chose to study commerce and have secured really high marks. I have a few extra curriculars like state level chess player, MUN’s, financial and english olympiads(state level). My teachers really like me too and I am hoping that they will write me an unblemished reference. I want to do economics or business administration from the UK. My parents said that they’ll only send me abroad if I get into one of the top universities. My uni preferences are king’s college, LSE, Oxbridge, Warwick. Please also provide some more university choices.
I am doing my 11th class from CBSE. I got 88% in 10th and I am hoping that I will get above 95% in 12th. Will my 10th marks prevent me from getting into a good college? And also I will have to give my predicted grades first. So will the universities think that I over predicted my grades?
Reply 2
Original post by AryamanChawla
I am doing my 11th class from CBSE. I got 88% in 10th and I am hoping that I will get above 95% in 12th. Will my 10th marks prevent me from getting into a good college? And also I will have to give my predicted grades first. So will the universities think that I over predicted my grades?

What do you mean by top? Oxbridge? Imperial/Durham?

I know that a few top universities like Cambridge don't treat CBSE as equal to A levels. But you should just contact universities to make sure.
Original post by esrever
What do you mean by top? Oxbridge? Imperial/Durham?

I know that a few top universities like Cambridge don't treat CBSE as equal to A levels. But you should just contact universities to make sure.

Like LSE, King’s
And can you also please provide other top universities for pursuing economics at an undergraduate level.
Thank you.
Original post by AryamanChawla
I am doing my 11th class from CBSE right now. I got 88% in 10th CBSE. And I hope to achieve more than 95% in 12th. I have topped every class from 4th to 9th. The reason I got comparatively lower marks in 10th was because I lost interest in my subjects. I hated my science subject which dragged my overall score down. So, in 11th I chose to study commerce and have secured really high marks. I have a few extra curriculars like state level chess player, MUN’s, financial and english olympiads(state level). My teachers really like me too and I am hoping that they will write me an unblemished reference. I want to do economics or business administration from the UK. My parents said that they’ll only send me abroad if I get into one of the top universities. My uni preferences are king’s college, LSE, Oxbridge, Warwick. Please also provide some more university choices.

As long as you expect to meet or exceed the entry requirements and the rest of your application is strong (reference, personal statement etc.) then you have a fair chance. No one can give you an exact probability because it depends entirely on the quantity and quality of other applicants in the cycle.

The UCAS website has a course search which will show you all of your options. It's entirely up to you in terms of what you consider to be a 'top' university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending