The Student Room Group

Do I need to learn this or is this useless information?

So I'm taking AS chemistry (WJEC) and in our booklet, there's a section all about smart materials and nanoscience. It more or less just asks for what they are, how are they used, and what are the problems with them. But after looking at the specification, the teacher's guide, and looking for questions using the WJEC question bank, I can't find anything talking about us needing to know about this. I know it came up at GSCE but I'm wondering should I learn (more like memorize) the section or just skip it?
Original post by callum521
So I'm taking AS chemistry (WJEC) and in our booklet, there's a section all about smart materials and nanoscience. It more or less just asks for what they are, how are they used, and what are the problems with them. But after looking at the specification, the teacher's guide, and looking for questions using the WJEC question bank, I can't find anything talking about us needing to know about this. I know it came up at GSCE but I'm wondering should I learn (more like memorize) the section or just skip it?

I’d suggest you just go over it quickly, make yourself familiar with it but don’t spend too long on it or go into too much detail. It can’t hurt to know it but if there are other topics you’re struggling with, or you’re pushed for time, prioritise those instead :smile:

Quick Reply