The Student Room Group

I’ve applied to dentistry but I’m regretting it!

Since I was younger i always wanted to do medicine, but I changed my mind last minute to dentistry.

I have an offer to study dentistry at Bristol, which I’m so happy about and grateful for.
However recently I’ve come to realise that medicine is what I wanted to do since I was so young, and I regret not following my dreams.

Is there any way to apply to medicine through clearing, without losing my offer for dentistry?

Please don’t tell me I’m not committed to dentistry because I am, medicine is just something similar I am also very interested in.

Thank you so much.
Why did you change from dentistry?
(Original post by Mcgreggorrrrrrrr)Why did you change from dentistry?

I guess it’s just what I always wanted to do.
I’m in exactly the same boat! i’ve applied for dentistry and had 3 interviews but i’m regretting it because i think i actually want to do medicine. i’ve got until results day to decide but i think i’m going to take a gap year itll give me the opportunity to think about it and ill be able to get a job and volunteer for a bit. have u considered a gap year?
you can always ask bristol to defer your entry they’re usually happy to do that
Original post by alevelstudentxx
I’m in exactly the same boat! i’ve applied for dentistry and had 3 interviews but i’m regretting it because i think i actually want to do medicine. i’ve got until results day to decide but i think i’m going to take a gap year itll give me the opportunity to think about it and ill be able to get a job and volunteer for a bit. have u considered a gap year?

Maybe, but I’d have to redo my UKCAT all over again and when I start my course I don’t want to have lost my biology and chemistry basics. I’m soooo confused
Original post by alwaysconfused12
I guess it’s just what I always wanted to do.

That really doesn't sound like a well thought through answer.

The most important thing here is to decide what you want to do. To make sure this isn't another last-minute change of heart. Do you have medical work experience? How was it?

You can't apply through clearing whilst holding an offer. It is also still an immensely competitive route - not worth gambling on.

You need to decide: dentistry, or medicine. If the latter you need to take a gap year.
Reply 7
Bristol havent given out dentistry offers yet? I asked them today They arent doing it till march?
Reply 8
Original post by alwaysconfused12
Since I was younger i always wanted to do medicine, but I changed my mind last minute to dentistry.

I have an offer to study dentistry at Bristol, which I’m so happy about and grateful for.
However recently I’ve come to realise that medicine is what I wanted to do since I was so young, and I regret not following my dreams.

Is there any way to apply to medicine through clearing, without losing my offer for dentistry?

Please don’t tell me I’m not committed to dentistry because I am, medicine is just something similar I am also very interested in.

Thank you so much.

Hi - when was your Bristol interview and when did you get your offer :: if you don't mind me asking !
Thanks
Reply 9
Bristol uni put me in hold after a week from my interview with them , I am a bit weird of it now ,Inshallah( Hopefully) they will accept me in Gateway dentistry .
Original post by Walid27
Bristol uni put me in hold after a week from my interview with them , I am a bit weird of it now ,Inshallah( Hopefully) they will accept me in Gateway dentistry .

Yo mate,
I doing gateway this year... everyone gets that hold email
Reply 11
But what does it mean by putting us on hold .
Original post by Walid27

They do it to everyone... just in between the interviews and giving out the offers
Original post by Walid27

But I didn’t originally apply for gateway... I got given gateway on results day cause I missed my dental offer so not 100% sure about gateway
Reply 14
The thing is I done my interview already which is something a bit crazy too me .

Quick Reply

Latest