The Student Room Group

Year 11 desperation. CeciltheLlama's GyG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tolgarda
I can help you, if you would like it. I also did that. :smile:

yeah that'd be cool, thanks 😊 Do you have any tips for remembering the poems' quotes and stuff? Is there a better method than flashcards?
So I forgot again I wrote this last night (Sunday) but I couldn't be bothered to post cos it was 11 pm. I remembered in the shower. Oops.

This week has been not very productive. I'd say it has been alright for Friday and Saturday but today hasn't been good. I have started planning my days for revision with these Passion Planner printouts (my sister has one and I thought they looked good) and it has made me an awful lot more productive. I also made this gigantic spreadsheet with all of my topics on from all of my courses and it has space to say last revised and how. I think it is working because it helps me keep track of what I am revising and what I need to work on the most. I even RAG'd it. I feel a lot happier recently because I am slightly more organised which is nice for a change.

I have even done homework that's due in for Friday. 😮 Literally, before this I would be doing everything the night before. That feeling when you have done the homework so far in advance you forgot you did it, panic and then see it's completed. It's a rare feeling for me but my god when it happens I feel on top of the world (I'm just sad like that. It's the small things in life...).

Anyway, yeah I did some homeostasis topic revision and did practice questions. I think I do better when I am completing questions and then if I don't know something I read my notes, cover them and then write the answer. Oh, and I did Weimar Germany (the first topic). Does anyone actually know what question you would be asked for the culture and social changes in Weimar?

In the week, tbh nothing really eventful happened which is nice. Well maybe apart from parents evening. Basically, the teachers were like 'yeah you're a good student, answers questions etc. This is your grade for the mocks and make sure you revise.'

My English teacher was funny because he was like 'yeah I know you worked really hard for the mock' In my mind, I just was thinking errrr no mate... I literally did like 2 hours of revision for lit max and maybe 4-5 for Lang....
Oh well.

To sum up:

1. I am happier because I feel organised (ignore the irony of this late post)
2. I am switching to History A Level from English Language (already applied though so I'm going to have to ring up)
3. I love spreadsheets
4. English speaking is dumb
5. I need to practice guitar jeez

Bye bye 👋

Tags :smile: (if you want to be tagged just ask)

Spoiler

How come you're switching from English lang. to history?
Original post by Tolgarda
How come you're switching from English lang. to history?

Well I realised that I enjoyed history a lot more than I enjoyed English language (and I have never studied linguistics so that is a gamble - I might not like it). Also I have better grades in history than in English so I probably will be better at history. Also as a bit of an added bonus History is a facilitating subject so that's nice I guess.

So now I am taking maths, geography, history, french. And I enjoy these subjects the most out of all of my GCSEs so these made the most sense
Original post by CeciltheLlama
Well I realised that I enjoyed history a lot more than I enjoyed English language (and I have never studied linguistics so that is a gamble - I might not like it). Also I have better grades in history than in English so I probably will be better at history. Also as a bit of an added bonus History is a facilitating subject so that's nice I guess.

So now I am taking maths, geography, history, french. And I enjoy these subjects the most out of all of my GCSEs so these made the most sense

Fair enough. That's quite the combination you've got there anyway. Enjoy that.
omg please teaach me how to make spreadsheets!
Original post by mez_merising
omg please teaach me how to make spreadsheets!

I'm not really an expert like at all so it took me ages. Tbh the fanciest thing I can do on excel is conditional formatting and it requires no formulas so yeah. I probs should've paid more attention in IT in year 9.

Anyway I will stop rambling. I basically got all of the topics that i do off the specification and put them in a table with the columns 'done in class?', 'how did i revise it last', 'when did i revise it last' and 'help??' which is just that i need to ask my teacher. Also the fact that I have used the same colours for different this may be quite confusing so soz. And it just basically means that I can go from where I left off in terms of revision. Oh and I just ragged the topics just by filling the box and then I know what I need to focus on most. So yeah hope this was helpful.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 21.28.26.png
Hello guysh

It's been one of those weeks so sorry I haven't posted yet. I guess it's a Sunday though lol.

I did my English Speaking exam this week about the people's vote and Brexit and stuff. I am interested in politics so it was relatively painless, which is nice. I got a distinction. I felt really proud of myself and did a small victory dance in the lesson I went back to but let's try not to think of that too much... I actually had a nice political conversation with my teacher afterwards so yeah that was nice.

Because of preparing for this exam I didn't really do much revision at all. It feels like I was just getting into the swing of things and now it's gone. Oh well. I have also been practising for my recording of the performance but of music and I am a little stressed. I am doing a few different performances with singing and guitar because I don't know which will be better so I am just recording them all. I am singing Someone New by Hozier and Riptide by Vance Joy and playing guitar for I Spy and the first of the three pieces ermm by Handel called Gavotte. So yeah I hope it goes well tomorrow.

I feel a little better about my composition because I wrote a bit of melody on Friday and it gave me faith in humanity tbh. I felt so stuck before like jeez but it is a little better now.

I just have this constant fear that I am going to royally screw up my GCSEs and tbh if I could I would take my mock grade as my real ones and I wouldn't mind. I am just stressed that I won't revise enough but I can only do my best, so I need to calm tf down.

I'd say it has been a decent week overall I just got quite stressed for no reason over my English exam so that was annoying. I got to go out with my friends and my sister though this week so it was obviously a great week.

1.Got a distinction in my English Speaking exam.
2. Haven't done much revision this week. Welp
3. Recording my GCSE music performance tomorrow so I am practising
4. I feel better about my composition
5. Got a letter about interview from my second choice college

Song of the century- Time by Anastacia

Byeeeee

Tags :smile: (ask if you want to be tagged)

Spoiler

congrats on the english! we don't get our speaking marks back til results day smh...
but good luck with your music, sounds like its coming along well!
and same omg i feel like im just gonna come out with all 4s in august eeeeeeeee
well now's the time to put in the hard work i guess...we got this <3
Original post by mez_merising
congrats on the english! we don't get our speaking marks back til results day smh...
but good luck with your music, sounds like its coming along well!
and same omg i feel like im just gonna come out with all 4s in august eeeeeeeee
well now's the time to put in the hard work i guess...we got this <3

Thanks :smile: What did you do your speaking exam on? Yes lad for the next couple of months I will take on my alter-ego know only as Revision Jesus
Original post by CeciltheLlama
Thanks :smile: What did you do your speaking exam on? Yes lad for the next couple of months I will take on my alter-ego know only as Revision Jesus

revision Jesus hmm I love it😂😂
I did my speaking exam on how kpop has developed over time and the impacts on mental health within the industry; luckily my teacher was a secret kpop fan loool
well done on the english exam! you aced it! I've never really listened to k-pop properly but I've heard of it quite a bit - been meaning to actually try it out.
how's your composition going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending