The Student Room Group

Who is your favorite F1 driver?

As the title says really, Who is your favorite F1 driver?
And why?

Scroll to see replies

Mine is Fernando Alonso.
I think he has always been a good driver.
I also used to quite like Massa.
Original post by Emma:-)
As the title says really, Who is your favorite F1 driver?
And why?

where is your u in favourite???

Nigel Mansell
And here I come swooping in.

Max Verstappen: exciting
Lewis Hamilton: greatest Brit ever
Fernando Alonso: supreme driver, funny in radio. Great never give up attutude.
Original post by Emma:-)
Mine is Fernando Alonso.
I think he has always been a good driver.
I also used to quite like Massa.

Fernando is a very good driver. He often puts cars where they have no business being (2012 an example)
Original post by Andrew97
And here I come swooping in.

Max Verstappen: exciting
Lewis Hamilton: greatest Brit ever
Fernando Alonso: supreme driver, funny in radio. Great never give up attutude.

I also love Alonso.
He is the greatest ever in my opinion.

On the other hand i hate Lewis Hamilton though. Ive never been a fan. He has a face i could punch all day and not get bored.
Fernando is a very good driver. He often puts cars where they have no business being (2012 an example)

He certainly is.
Reply 8
I am looking forward to seeing what Riccardo can do in his Renault!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jish22
I am looking forward to seeing what Riccardo can do in his Renault!

Agreed.

That will be an interesting prospect which we can discuss thourout the year on the 2019 thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5659440&page=8

Ricciardo your favourite then?
Hamilton :biggrin:
Verstappen isn’t the top driver yet but he is so exciting to watch with all those daring overtakes. Also he’s pretty crazy :P
Reply 12
Agreed.

That will be an interesting prospect which we can discuss thourout the year on the 2019 thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5659440&page=8

Ricciardo your favourite then?

Yes, he has definitely grown on me the past few seasons thanks to his overtaking abilities and very likeable personality. Hopefully the Renault engines do not explode every other race!

Who's your favourite?
Original post by jish22
Yes, he has definitely grown on me the past few seasons thanks to his overtaking abilities and very likeable personality. Hopefully the Renault engines do not explode every other race!

Who's your favourite?

Yeah he’s a likeable chap, agreed I hope Renault do pull it together. Hulkenburg deserves a good car.

I say Verstappen, Hamilton and Alonso. Leclerc is also growing on Me
Reply 14
Yeah he’s a likeable chap, agreed I hope Renault do pull it together. Hulkenburg deserves a good car.

I say Verstappen, Hamilton and Alonso. Leclerc is also growing on Me

Agreed. Looking forward to a great season with both proven and new talent on the grid. What are your thoughts on the new aero changes to improve racing?
As a hardcore LH fan, I am actually slightly worried for him because Max will look to be a very difficult competitor in the right car.

The thing that Lewis has over Max is the experience and more mature mentality.
Lewis knows when to take chances and when to wait for the right moment - his consistency seems to be unrivalled.

Lewis and Max are my top two at the moment.
Keeping an eye on Riccardo and quietly supporting Hulkenberg but I think I still need to see slightly more from him.

I'm also becoming incredibly fond of Leclerc lately.
Great talent, very professional, really likeable character.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16
Currently Lewis Hamilton - one of the all-time great drivers, and also came across as a pleasant chap the one time I spoke to him.

Also Fernando Alonso (until he retired).

Not sure I have a favourite out of the rest... there are obviously drivers whose talent I recognise (Verstappen, for example) but none who I feel drawn to 'support'.
Lewis Hamilton definitely but I also love Riccardo and Raikkonen. But, my favourite driver of all time is Jenson Button and I can't see anyone taking his spot at the moment.
Leclerc is also growing on Me

(palpatine voice) Join the Red Side (muahahahaha)
Mick Sr. nuff said

In terms of still active drivers I like Alonso, Leclerc, Hulkenberg.

Vettel and Hamilton I like and dislike in equal measures (sebs dislike due to his constant errors but like his work ethic and humour; hamilton dislike because he isnt in Red!!! but enjoyed watching him in GP2 and F3 - his GP2 campaign still remains his best season imo due to his recovery drives in similar equipment to the opposition).

I want to like max but cant stand his personality. ricciardo seems overhyped by the media and isnt all smiles and fun behind the scenes (from what I gather...). Ocon I want to do well but seems a bit overrated (Although that could be due to team politics / inexperience and would be happy to be proven wrong)

Surprised nobody has mentioned kimi yet :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest