The Student Room Group

GYG - Jordie's journey to 8/9's

Hey guys,:clap2:

I am in year 11 (I know it's stressful) and I seriously need to flip my life around and ACTUALLY start revising properly.

My results from my winter mocks weren't too bad bet not amazing either reason why I am planning to put t the effort in now.

As a firm believer of productivity , I hope I can inspire/motivate others to study as well.

My results

Maths - 8
Chemistry - 7+
Biology - 7
Physics - 7
English Literature - 6
English Language - 6
Spanish - 6
Re - 6
Geography - 6
Health and Social care - L2 Merit

I know my results are bad :frown: but I hope to turns things around a lot for the next set of exams'

These are my target grades (assuming I put a lot of hard work and effort)

Maths - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics 8/9
Biology - 8/9
Spanish - 8
Geography - 8
Re - 9
English Literature - 9
English Language - 8
Health and Social Care - L2 Merit

I know many people will think I am probably too ambitious and unrealistic but I do like aiming high and that is what ultimately motivates me to keep progressing.

This is what my school expects me to get:

Maths - 8
English Literature - 8
English Language - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 8
Geography - 8
Spanish - 7
Re - 7
Health and Social Care - L2 Merit

What am I going to do after my GCSE'S ?

A levels - Maths , Chemistry and Biology
(I hope I get A*A*A or A*A*A*) but i will think about it when the time comes

University - Ideally want to go to Cambridge or Imperial but any Russel group university would be great

I would like to do something in the medical field but i am still unsure

What am i going to post here?

I will update every day from Mon - Fri and on Sundays to outline how my revision and school is going.

I would also share some revision techniques or websites that are useful

Mental health?

My mental health at the moment is not great due to all the stress but I hope this GYG will help me be on track and hopefully reduce my stress levels.

So yeah I think that's all . This year will be my year and I am ready to put all the effort needed.

Remember - The harder you work for something the greater you will feel when you finally achieve it.:smile:

See you 2moro!!!!!:banana:

(I will be uploading my revision timetable tomorrow)

@thestudent33
@Razzberries
@Batchystudies
@jadarose
@HungryNiceGuy
@nyxnko_
(edited 5 years ago)
Best of luck! :party:
Good luck. Doing some of the same subjects and predicted similar too.
Will be following this, tag me in when you make a tag list :biggrin:
Love that :heart:

Your grades are amazing!! :eek:

Tag me in pleaseeeee :colondollar:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Love that :heart:

Your grades are amazing!! :eek:

Tag me in pleaseeeee :colondollar:

awww thnx :colondollar:

Of course i'll tag you
@Razzberries

Tag me in your GYG plz
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey guys,:thumbsup:

I know I am late posting this but today was a chaotic day. I was kind of productive but I know I didn't study as much as I would have loved to.
Oh well here goes , this is what I did today :

Physics
Made some notes for Particle model of matter and electricity which I am very proud of by the way. Tomorrow we have to bring in our revision resources so I had to literally fix everything which took ages.

Maths
Completed a grade 9 aimed booklet which was actually quite fun tbh. I was able to answer some of the questions but there were some that were quite challenging but still doable nonetheless. I am planning to complete a worksheet before bed so yh.

English Language
So I wrote a Q3 and Q4 (Paper 1) for my teacher to mark . Last week I gave my teacher a Q4 and he said that I got FULL MARKS :smile:!!

I am planning to make some flashcards for poetry now so I will update once I finish those and also post the timetable as promised
(Sorry it is taking long :bawling:)

Mocks are coming , and I am no where near ready.
I have my ACTUAL health and social care exam this friday alongside english and maths next week .

This is tooo much!!!!!
I hope you all have a less stessed month ahead:redface:

Qoute of the day -

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come:smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Chemist123
Hey guys,:thumbsup:

I know I am late posting this but today was a chaotic day. I was kind of productive but I know I didn't study as much as I would have loved to.
Oh well here goes , this is what I did today :

Physics
Made some notes for Particle model of matter and electricity which I am very proud of by the way. Tomorrow we have to bring in our revision resources so I had to literally fix everything which took ages.

Maths
Completed a grade 9 aimed booklet which was actually quite fun tbh. I was able to answer some of the questions but there were some that were quite challenging but still doable nonetheless. I am planning to complete a worksheet before bed so yh.

English Language
So I wrote a Q3 and Q4 (Paper 1) for my teacher to mark . Last week I gave my teacher a Q4 and he said that I got FULL MARKS :smile:!!

I am planning to make some flashcards for poetry now so I will update once I finish those and also post the timetable as promised
(Sorry it is taking long :bawling:)

Mocks are coming , and I am no where near ready.
I have my ACTUAL health and social care exam this friday alongside english and maths next week .

This is tooo much!!!!!
I hope you all have a less stessed month ahead:redface:

Qoute of the day -

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come:smile:

Spoiler

Duuuude, how did ya get full marks on English?? That's amazing. My best is 10 :colonhash:How come your actually social and maths and English exams are this week?? I've only got Music practical. Well good luck anyway!
Nice!
Tag me too!
(edited 5 years ago)
Just found this.Good luck!
Add tag me list
Original post by jadarose
Add tag me list

Original post by HungryNiceGuy
Nice!
Tag me too!

Original post by Batchystudies
Just found this.Good luck!

Thnx x
Welcome to my journey!:smile:
Good luck!! :rave: please can I be tagged too? :puppyeyes:
Oh my goooood :frown:

I have literally been slacking sooooo much and it's bad!
Literally just realised that there is 63 days till exams (kill me:banghead:)

I am planning to grind HARD these next 9 weeks to get those clean sheets of grade 8/9's
I don't know if it is possible but I will discipline myself and prove EVERYBODY wrong! (hehehe:aetsch:) hopefully.....

Anyway, I am planning to stay up until 3:00 (i know it's unhealthy and bad) but due to my horrific maths grades last week I seriously need to.

Imagine i went from 183/240 to 125/240 :frown:
It is my fault as I have been slacking too much but i am willing to turn this into a wake-up call for me to get myself to study

I am going to post everyday at 6:00 pm to briefly outline my school day, any hw's I got and my revision for the evening

Now I just need to pack my bag, revise maths for 2-3 hrs then sleep

Bye :groovy:

oh wait , forgot to mention I have mocks this week :

Tue - Physics and chemistry paper 2
Wed - Spanish writing
Thurs - Geography Paper 2

I hope to at least get >75% in them so wish me luck

Ps: Good luck if you also have exams :smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
Good luck!! :rave: please can I be tagged too? :puppyeyes:

of course
Good luck!
How are you gonna wake up for school in time?
Anyway good luck!

I am planning to grind HARD these next 9 weeks to get those clean sheets of grade 8/9's
I don't know if it is possible but I will discipline myself and prove EVERYBODY wrong! (hehehe:aetsch:) hopefully.....

Anyway, I am planning to stay up until 3:00 (i know it's unhealthy and bad) but due to my horrific maths grades last week I seriously need to.

It is my fault as I have been slacking too much but i am willing to turn this into a wake-up call for me to get myself to study

I am going to post everyday at 6:00 pm to briefly outline my school day, any hw's I got and my revision for the evening

Wed - Spanish writing

Wed - Spanish writing

Good Luck!
Physics paper 2 is actually hard though

Quick Reply

Latest