The Student Room Group

Is an hour of revision enough for gcse?

I’ve been doing plenty of revision since December and I’ve covered almost all my revisions especially since mocks are coming up. Although I’ve been noticing that maybe an hour of revision isn’t good enough. I usually split my subjects, for example: 20 mins of geography, 20 mins of history, 20 mins of French and on the weekends I usually do English Lang revision too. But from what I’ve seen online, maybe this isn’t enough. I don’t know, anyone who’s in year 10 or 11 or who’s finished their GCSEs, how much time should I spend revising?
(edited 5 years ago)
An hour a day? More than most people do for GCSE honestly, at this point. People on the student room aren’t representative of the general population at all, and most people I know did this or less until Easter. This sounds solid, though maybe most people do more on weekends. It’s all up to the individual
No you must study at least 2 hours daily
Original post by Jeninjc
I’ve been doing plenty of revision since December and I’ve covered almost all my revisions especially since mocks are coming up. Although I’ve been noticing that maybe an hour of revision isn’t good enough. I usually split my subjects, for example: 20 mins of geography, 20 mins of history, 20 mins of French and on the weekends I usually do English Lang revision too. But from what I’ve seen online, maybe this isn’t enough. I don’t know, anyone who’s in year 10 or 11 or who’s finished their GCSEs, how much time should I spend revising?

it all depends ofn how long you can concentrate, most people can't cocentrate for long periods of time so there's no use in doing long revision sessions ineffectively, if you feel like you're benefitting from the amount and way you're revising then you're on the right track. dont compare how long you revise to others as everyone is different and just because you revise for long periods of time doesn't always mean that you're going to do better in the exams :smile:
Original post by Jeninjc

As a past GCSE student, if you want to get higher grades, depending on the subject, then I would perhaps suggesting making a revision timetable, scheduling 1 hour a night, but changing the subject every night. However, if your school provide extra revision sessions then you wouldn't really need another revision session on the same subject too soon afterwards. You would need to spend more time revising outside of school for subjects like A levels or if you wanted to get all A* at GCSE really.

Quick Reply

Latest