The Student Room Group

U IN AS chemistry mock

I just recieved my them mock back and I got a U. My grandma recently passed away and my fathers critically ill therefore I wasn't in the right mindset when I sat the exam however my school still forced me to sit it and told me to use it as a knowledge test so I could see areas I need to improve on. However I still feel so upset about my grade and now feel their is no change of me applying for dentistry .
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I just recieved my them mock back and I got a U. My grandma recently passed away and my fathers critically ill therefore I wasn't in the right mindset when I sat the exam however my school still forced me to sit it and told me to use it as a knowledge test so I could see areas I need to improve on. However I still feel so upset about my grade and now feel their is no change of me applying for dentistry .

BUMP

Don't be demotivated. Even though it was a difficult time, you know you tried your best. If you know that you had family issues during the time of the mocks it means that you couldn't work to your best of your ability. Don't give up!
Reply 3
Original post by sachind01
Don't be demotivated. Even though it was a difficult time, you know you tried your best. If you know that you had family issues during the time of the mocks it means that you couldn't work to your best of your ability. Don't give up!

It's a u though I'm so devastated. I'm a failure I may as well have not sat the paper
This was me! in my janurary mocks for chemistry got a U grade and had never felt so demotivated ever! I felt awful and wanted to drop out. However that wasn't an option for me so i told myself i needed to get better and everyday i started watching videos (allery tutors is great) and practising past question and my exam at the end of the year i got an A*! dont give up just keep trying youre at the bottom now the only way to go now is up!
Could you ask your teacher if you could sit another mock? Try to show you've made an improvement and that the U grade was a one off?
Reply 6
Original post by britishvip
This was me! in my janurary mocks for chemistry got a U grade and had never felt so demotivated ever! I felt awful and wanted to drop out. However that wasn't an option for me so i told myself i needed to get better and everyday i started watching videos (allery tutors is great) and practising past question and my exam at the end of the year i got an A*! dont give up just keep trying youre at the bottom now the only way to go now is up!

Exactly how I'm feeling right now. The only thing is now my predicted grade is going to be low so I won't be able to get into the university of my choice or the course I want so I will have to take a gap year which I don't want to do as I will waste a years. It's just so annoying
Reply 7
Original post by iElvendork
Could you ask your teacher if you could sit another mock? Try to show you've made an improvement and that the U grade was a one off?

They're quite strict on it and are quite lazy as well to make another paper for me to do .
Exactly how I'm feeling right now. The only thing is now my predicted grade is going to be low so I won't be able to get into the university of my choice or the course I want so I will have to take a gap year which I don't want to do as I will waste a years. It's just so annoying

Would a gap year be the worst thing? You've had two major family incidents and university can be a very lonely place and you seem to be applying for a very intense course, I wouldn't want your mental health to suffer
Reply 9
Original post by iElvendork
Would a gap year be the worst thing? You've had two major family incidents and university can be a very lonely place and you seem to be applying for a very intense course, I wouldn't want your mental health to suffer

I agree but I just feel once I've gone on a gap year I won't want to go back into education or university once I have all the freedom. Which would results in me working hard getting good a levels for nothing
Bump
Bump
Bump
bump
Reply 14
I’m not sure how it works in your sixth form/ college, but for me they used my end of year AS grades to make my ucas predicted grade. I got a U as well in my December chemistry mock in year 12 and I was going through exactly what you went through. I’m pretty sure that your predicted grade can be raised if you start getting better grades in your tests in class as well as your March/April mocks if your sixth form does them.
Original post by britishvip

Wow congrats on your A*!
what did you do different This time any advice/tips???
Oh and when did you start revising???

Quick Reply

Latest