The Student Room Group

Brexit- Your view

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vinny C
God... I only asked them to throw a few eggs. Just wait until our next meeting.

Fair play mate, least we know it's only wrong if you disagree with the cause.

Personally I condem the actions towards Anna Soubry, Negel farage and even Tommy Robinson. It is important everyone should have a voice to speak out for what they believe in as long as its not a hate crime
Original post by Burton Bridge
Pmsl that was ridiculous and he looked like Wallis!

Bloody stupid games the press do, I hope happy with your purchase tory voters?

Wallis Simpson? He looks more like grandpa without his teeth in that pic.
We are now way beyond BrExit

What began as a simple referendum to Leave or Stay in the EU has now paled into insignificance as the more fundamental and national life changing issue of the loss of our democratic system is now at stake.

40 years ago Ted Heath duped the nation by inviting them to join the Common Market saying it was merely a beneficial trading agreement. He was lying and knew he was lying. He laid the foundation stone for all subsequent Prime Ministers to silently and by stealth, move the UK into the EU political union, abolish the sovereignty of the country and the Nationality of its people. All without any referendum on whether the people actually wanted to be effectively "neutered", to lose their status as Brits and just become EU "nothing people".

Over those 40 years, whether you voted Tory or Labour it didn't matter because a vote for either was a vote for the EU. Which ever party people voted into power simply picked up the baton and furthered the EU agenda, drafting and pushing through the various EU Treaties. Thatcher, Major, Blair, they all were simply working for the EU, furthering the agenda.

We were sold down the river without so much as a by your leave, step by silent step, behind closed doors, whilst the nation was busy watching TOWIE and Big Brother. Then the next stage of the agenda got underway. The opening of the floodgates to masses of immigrants in order to dilute the populous and make Brits a minority in their own country. It will continue if we don't Leave the EU and take back control of our borders.

It all began with Heath in the 70s and now here we are in 2019. Across all those years Masonic and Common Purpose operatives have worked silently drafting and pushing through those agreements. Sadly our own monarch HM the Queen gave Royal Assent to all these EU Treaties instead of refusing it to protect this country from being handed over to a foreign power.

With this 40 year backdrop one has to seriously understand what has occurred and by whom and ask yourself, how likely is it that these real powers working in the shadows, are going to allow a simple referendum to wipe away 40 years of their efforts?

Anyone with an iota of sense can see that patently they ARE NEVER GOING TO ALLOW US TO LEAVE THE EU.

And so we come to BrExit. We have a fair democratic referendum conducted under our country's fundamental system of democracy.

Those who worked for 40 yrs are not going to accept the majority decision. They are NOT going to allow us to leave.

Thus they have a massive problem.

That we will be made to stay is concrete.

Their problem is that in doing so they will draw back the curtain to reveal the real Wizard Of Oz behind it, and demonstrate to the nation that in fact they don't live in a democracy at all but live in a dictatorship which uses a fake illusory democracy to front itself and a scam 2/3 party political system where any party you vote for is just a vote for the same rulers working in the shadows, a vote for the EU.

The pantomime we have witnessed these past 2 years confirms all I am saying. They are hopping about, delaying as much as possible to try and diffuse the inevitable outright anger and hatred that will ensue once people do actually realise that they don't live in a democracy at all.

BrExit is simply the catalyst that breaks the spell, that bursts the bubble and shows people that these people will do whatever they want because they don't care what the people want and there's nothing the people can do about it.

They would rather have remained with the previous status quo with most people living in blissful ignorance of all this. But BrExit has changed all that.

They now have to concoct some massive set of fake circumstances and excuses why they ARE going to ignore the will of the people. They want it to do as little damage as possible.

The pantomime is entertaining to be fair and both May and Corbyn and the others are just puppets dancing to the EU tune.

In the end, none of what happens will dissuade you from the harsh reality which is that they ignored your majority referendum decision, blocked BrExit and ensured what we stay in the EU.

Remainers need never have worried. They were never going to let 40 years of stealth and effort go down the pan.

Up to the people now to decide what they want to do about the fact that they no longer have democracy.
I find it very difficult to respect the view point of people whom carry themselves in such a condensending manner, making crass statements about peoples integrity and intellectual abilities simply based on the fact they disagree with that person's opinion.

Just because you maybe prejudiced don't link that prejudiced to me just because I voted leave. Personally foreigners played no part in my decision to vote leave nor did the 99p pint which I can remember.

You are correct that another vote would solve nothing mind you, unless remaining was removed from the paper, then it could have a use. However I think it's a lot of expense for nothing.

Remain is already removed from the papers. Every headline I see says Brexit, Brexit, Brexit! Not one says Bremain!
(edited 5 years ago)
Vinny I'll bid you good day. I like to remain as friendly as I can even when I'm being insulted. To sink to others levels only makes me as bad.

I disagree agree with you on this topic and luckily so does the majority of the country. I also find your reluctance to condem the actions of pro remain thugs abhorrent, in particular when you are consistently peddling how violent, stupid and abhorrent the brexiteers are.

Agree to differ - good day
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
We are now way beyond BrExit

What began as a simple referendum to Leave or Stay in the EU has now paled into insignificance as the more fundamental and national life changing issue of the loss of our democratic system is now at stake.

40 years ago Ted Heath duped the nation by inviting them to join the Common Market saying it was merely a beneficial trading agreement. He was lying and knew he was lying. He laid the foundation stone for all subsequent Prime Ministers to silently and by stealth, move the UK into the EU political union, abolish the sovereignty of the country and the Nationality of its people. All without any referendum on whether the people actually wanted to be effectively "neutered", to lose their status as Brits and just become EU "nothing people".

Over those 40 years, whether you voted Tory or Labour it didn't matter because a vote for either was a vote for the EU. Which ever party people voted into power simply picked up the baton and furthered the EU agenda, drafting and pushing through the various EU Treaties. Thatcher, Major, Blair, they all were simply working for the EU, furthering the agenda.

We were sold down the river without so much as a by your leave, step by silent step, behind closed doors, whilst the nation was busy watching TOWIE and Big Brother. Then the next stage of the agenda got underway. The opening of the floodgates to masses of immigrants in order to dilute the populous and make Brits a minority in their own country. It will continue if we don't Leave the EU and take back control of our borders.

It all began with Heath in the 70s and now here we are in 2019. Across all those years Masonic and Common Purpose operatives have worked silently drafting and pushing through those agreements. Sadly our own monarch HM the Queen gave Royal Assent to all these EU Treaties instead of refusing it to protect this country from being handed over to a foreign power.

With this 40 year backdrop one has to seriously understand what has occurred and by whom and ask yourself, how likely is it that these real powers working in the shadows, are going to allow a simple referendum to wipe away 40 years of their efforts?

Anyone with an iota of sense can see that patently they ARE NEVER GOING TO ALLOW US TO LEAVE THE EU.

And so we come to BrExit. We have a fair democratic referendum conducted under our country's fundamental system of democracy.

Those who worked for 40 yrs are not going to accept the majority decision. They are NOT going to allow us to leave.

Thus they have a massive problem.

That we will be made to stay is concrete.

Their problem is that in doing so they will draw back the curtain to reveal the real Wizard Of Oz behind it, and demonstrate to the nation that in fact they don't live in a democracy at all but live in a dictatorship which uses a fake illusory democracy to front itself and a scam 2/3 party political system where any party you vote for is just a vote for the same rulers working in the shadows, a vote for the EU.

The pantomime we have witnessed these past 2 years confirms all I am saying. They are hopping about, delaying as much as possible to try and diffuse the inevitable outright anger and hatred that will ensue once people do actually realise that they don't live in a democracy at all.

BrExit is simply the catalyst that breaks the spell, that bursts the bubble and shows people that these people will do whatever they want because they don't care what the people want and there's nothing the people can do about it.

They would rather have remained with the previous status quo with most people living in blissful ignorance of all this. But BrExit has changed all that.

They now have to concoct some massive set of fake circumstances and excuses why they ARE going to ignore the will of the people. They want it to do as little damage as possible.

The pantomime is entertaining to be fair and both May and Corbyn and the others are just puppets dancing to the EU tune.

In the end, none of what happens will dissuade you from the harsh reality which is that they ignored your majority referendum decision, blocked BrExit and ensured what we stay in the EU.

Remainers need never have worried. They were never going to let 40 years of stealth and effort go down the pan.

Up to the people now to decide what they want to do about the fact that they no longer have democracy.

Looks forward to chapter 2 of the world according to Nigel.
Vinny I'll bid you good day. I like to remain as friendly as I can even when I'm being insulted. To sink to others levels only makes me as bad.

I disagree agree with you on this topic and luckily so does the majority of the country. I also find your reluctance to condem the actions of pro remain thugs abhorrent, in particular when you are consistently peddling how violent, stupid and abhorrent the brexiteers are.

Agree to differ - good day

You too... and I've never said such about Brexiteers. Just given as good as I've got, only better. Same time next week?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
You too... and I've never said such about Brexiteers. Just given as good as I've got, only better. Same time next week?

Sorry but this is just a plain lie

Original post by Vinny C

Remain lose a referendum we limit ourselves to peaceful protest. If leave lose one they threaten thug rule and violence. Just shows the true colours of those who voted to leave

Just like Eve you have lied and I've highlighted it.

I'll leave the readers to make their own minds up

I didn't say you personally... or was Theresa going to brick Starbucks herself when she warned of civil unrest? Eva had the guts to point out a few home truths about Brexit in general, about time someone did. I want Eva on my remain team.
(edited 5 years ago)
Vinny your digging a hole, you said 'and I've never said such about Brexiteer' not me, this is a clear lie.

Now is the time to stop posting, your just getting worse.
Vinny your digging a hole, you said 'and I've never said such about Brexiteer' not me, this is a clear lie.

Now is the time to stop posting, your just getting worse.

We've spent yrs being called losers, moaners, vile enemies of democracy and the second we bite back you cry foul! The silent majority is finally starting to find its voice and about time too. This would be an ideal opportunity to say to the EU look, a second referendum could solve our dilemma but we need some damn good reasons to suggest it. We could get Cameron ++ but unless we move soon this opportunity will slip through our fingers. Our current negotiating strategy is simply not working as is blatantly obvious. Art of War again... the true master grasps the opportunities in any situation. If vastly outgunned, appear to be working with the enemy, not against him. Turn him into an ally.
(edited 5 years ago)
If you support no deal then you need to take ownership of the consequences. The breakdown of relations in Northern Ireland, the impact of frictions in the Dover-Calais border, the loss of treaties with third parties, etc.

So go ahead, support no deal but pretending that the issues I've mentioned either do not exist or will be solved by someone else is intellectually dishonest. You need to come up with solutions to the problems that your idea comes with, it's not Ireland or the EU or the Remain camp's responsibility to do your job for you.
Original post by BasicMistake
If you support no deal then you need to take ownership of the consequences. The breakdown of relations in Northern Ireland, the impact of frictions in the Dover-Calais border, the loss of treaties with third parties, etc.

So go ahead, support no deal but pretending that the issues I've mentioned either do not exist or will be solved by someone else is intellectually dishonest. You need to come up with solutions to the problems that your idea comes with, it's not Ireland or the EU or the Remain camp's responsibility to do your job for you.

And these issues are just the tip of the iceberg, we've barely scratched the surface of all the consequences. My concern is that they will think Irish issue sorted, problem solved. Think again, my friends before you attempt that mad dash for the finishing line. That's where the minefield really gets going.
Remain and reform

Yep... it was such a huge figment of my imagination it got loads of reps. I think the readers have already voted as you are so fond of saying.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by HN786
Remain and reform

Exactly... now, while we have leverage but we must appear to be working with them to find a solution. The approach of we're going down but going to take as many of you with us as we can tends to get people's backs up.
Original post by Vinny C
And these issues are just the tip of the iceberg, we've barely scratched the surface of all the consequences. My concern is that they will think Irish issue sorted, problem solved. Think again, my friends before you attempt that mad dash for the finishing line. That's where the minefield really gets going.

I picked those out specifically because they are the most direct and most obvious legal issues that come with no deal. There are a million other problems with no deal that need answers and we aren't getting any solutions from the Leave side.
I picked those out specifically because they are the most direct and most obvious legal issues that come with no deal. There are a million other problems with no deal that need answers and we aren't getting any solutions from the Leave side.

They are only obvious since they came to the surface. Who would have guessed Ireland to be a major sticking point a year ago? Plenty more nasty surprises waiting for us that we haven't even envisaged as yet, deal or no deal.
(edited 5 years ago)

You won't because they have been banished from negotiating by the remain camp
Original post by Vinny C

Yawn, here we go again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending