The Student Room Group

Brexit- Your view

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ColinDent
Yawn, here we go again.

Pmsl!

I don't mind anybody having a point of veiw, I can respect anybody's veiw point even if I disagree. In fact I can understand many points the remainers state, however how can you debate with someone who is just rambling with no rhyme or reason to their voice?

How can you debate with someone who will say anything to gain the upper hand and then blindly deny saying it when its not to his advantage?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Burton Bridge
Pmsl!

I don't mind anybody having a point of veiw, I can respect anybody's veiw point even if I disagree. In fact I can understand many points the remainers state, however how can you debate with someone who is just rambling with no rhyme or reason to their voice?

How can you debate with someone who will say anything to gain the upper hand and then blindly deny saying it when its not to his advantage?

Which is exactly why he is the only person on my ignore list.

I walked over his brexit bridge with daddy.

Daddy? Can I ignore people who don’t actually engage points repeatedly and make inane analogies repeatedly about daddy/bridges/cars?

Daddy said only after winning a second referendum
Reply 62
Original post by Vinny C
Like the Anna Soubry hate club who all stand and go 'raaaaay loudly whenever someone goes into a Eurosceptic rant about 'the will of the people' on question time. Thought I'd accidentally tuned into Match of the Day.

No, more the general tone and unpleasantness of the people with the loudest, most often-heard (and read) voices. But Question Time is a good example of something that the Brexit debate has pretty much ruined.
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
We are now way beyond BrExit

What began as a simple referendum to Leave or Stay in the EU has now paled into insignificance as the more fundamental and national life changing issue of the loss of our democratic system is now at stake.

40 years ago Ted Heath duped the nation by inviting them to join the Common Market saying it was merely a beneficial trading agreement. He was lying and knew he was lying. He laid the foundation stone for all subsequent Prime Ministers to silently and by stealth, move the UK into the EU political union, abolish the sovereignty of the country and the Nationality of its people. All without any referendum on whether the people actually wanted to be effectively "neutered", to lose their status as Brits and just become EU "nothing people".

Over those 40 years, whether you voted Tory or Labour it didn't matter because a vote for either was a vote for the EU. Which ever party people voted into power simply picked up the baton and furthered the EU agenda, drafting and pushing through the various EU Treaties. Thatcher, Major, Blair, they all were simply working for the EU, furthering the agenda.

We were sold down the river without so much as a by your leave, step by silent step, behind closed doors, whilst the nation was busy watching TOWIE and Big Brother. Then the next stage of the agenda got underway. The opening of the floodgates to masses of immigrants in order to dilute the populous and make Brits a minority in their own country. It will continue if we don't Leave the EU and take back control of our borders.

It all began with Heath in the 70s and now here we are in 2019. Across all those years Masonic and Common Purpose operatives have worked silently drafting and pushing through those agreements. Sadly our own monarch HM the Queen gave Royal Assent to all these EU Treaties instead of refusing it to protect this country from being handed over to a foreign power.

With this 40 year backdrop one has to seriously understand what has occurred and by whom and ask yourself, how likely is it that these real powers working in the shadows, are going to allow a simple referendum to wipe away 40 years of their efforts?

Anyone with an iota of sense can see that patently they ARE NEVER GOING TO ALLOW US TO LEAVE THE EU.

And so we come to BrExit. We have a fair democratic referendum conducted under our country's fundamental system of democracy.

Those who worked for 40 yrs are not going to accept the majority decision. They are NOT going to allow us to leave.

Thus they have a massive problem.

That we will be made to stay is concrete.

Their problem is that in doing so they will draw back the curtain to reveal the real Wizard Of Oz behind it, and demonstrate to the nation that in fact they don't live in a democracy at all but live in a dictatorship which uses a fake illusory democracy to front itself and a scam 2/3 party political system where any party you vote for is just a vote for the same rulers working in the shadows, a vote for the EU.

The pantomime we have witnessed these past 2 years confirms all I am saying. They are hopping about, delaying as much as possible to try and diffuse the inevitable outright anger and hatred that will ensue once people do actually realise that they don't live in a democracy at all.

BrExit is simply the catalyst that breaks the spell, that bursts the bubble and shows people that these people will do whatever they want because they don't care what the people want and there's nothing the people can do about it.

They would rather have remained with the previous status quo with most people living in blissful ignorance of all this. But BrExit has changed all that.

They now have to concoct some massive set of fake circumstances and excuses why they ARE going to ignore the will of the people. They want it to do as little damage as possible.

The pantomime is entertaining to be fair and both May and Corbyn and the others are just puppets dancing to the EU tune.

In the end, none of what happens will dissuade you from the harsh reality which is that they ignored your majority referendum decision, blocked BrExit and ensured what we stay in the EU.

Remainers need never have worried. They were never going to let 40 years of stealth and effort go down the pan.

Up to the people now to decide what they want to do about the fact that they no longer have democracy.

60% of the public now in favour of remain... 70% of Parliament against a hard Brexit and all I hear is this, that and the other has been changed to appease the hard Brexiteers. You're right about one thing... democracy has gone completely out of the window.
You won't because they have been banished from negotiating by the remain camp

Ignoring the fact that all three Brexit secretaries have been Leavers.
Original post by BasicMistake

And exactly how much of the negotiations were done by those secretaries compared to the Europhile Olly Robbins?

Why is it on the internet and political conversations on general that quick comments with fixed meaning designed to make the opponent look stupid are so often and quickly used?

While you are very correct, the Brexit secretaries have all been 'brexiteers' however its not that simple in reality. For example I am not sure about how much you are aware of David Davis's time and the reason for his registration? However he resigned because returning control of our laws in any real sense was being made impossible by his remain supporting bosses. The problem only got worse for his successors, May announced she would now lead the crunch talks with the EU only two weeks ago into Dominic Raab's appointment.

I'm sorry to say political games are being played and scapegoats are being set up.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 67
It sounds like a name of a cereal!
Original post by Neilos
No, more the general tone and unpleasantness of the people with the loudest, most often-heard (and read) voices. But Question Time is a good example of something that the Brexit debate has pretty much ruined.

Not ruined at all... it has revealed the problem. Democracy should not be about those who best intimidate or shout loudest.
Original post by paul514
Which is exactly why he is the only person on my ignore list.

I walked over his brexit bridge with daddy.

Daddy? Can I ignore people who don’t actually engage points repeatedly and make inane analogies repeatedly about daddy/bridges/cars?

Daddy said only after winning a second referendum

Rofl... go crying to mummy then. That nasty man keeps winning arguments and I don't like it.

The ERG, supposedly a neutral research group are all hard line Brexiteers too. Might as well have a kangaroo court. Remain sympathies... guilty!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by kazzykat95
I have quite mixed views. I would not support Brexit, but a second vote would cause chaos and I believe it would defeat the point of a democracy. However, a lot of Brexit voters have since died (due in part to a lot of elderly people voting for Brexit), which makes me think that maybe the result would be very different if the vote did occur again.

The leave campaign lied, saying voting leave would give a certain amount of money to the NHS which turned out not to be true (the NHS would greatly suffer from Brexit as nurses and doctors from abroad could be forced to leave, putting an even bigger strain on the NHS) And if that's not undemocratic then I don't know what is - so I belive a second refferendum would be well within our rights as a country.
Original post by Vinny C
Rofl... go crying to mummy then. That nasty man keeps winning arguments and I don't like it.

You actually think you are winning debates? Seriously?
You actually think you are winning debates? Seriously?

Yes... and has Paul brought on his minder now? Maybe I need a Soubry overcoat.
Original post by Vinny C
Yes... and has Paul brought on his minder now? Maybe I need a Soubry overcoat.

Well Vinny you are a special type of person that's for sure.

By the way I don't know Paul from the man on the moon :thumbsup:
Well Vinny you are a special type of person that's for sure.

By the way I don't know Paul from the man on the moon :thumbsup:

You'll know him from the uncanny resemblance to Pinocchio. Nice to know I'm special, you too.
(edited 5 years ago)
Parliament and the other government are making the same mistakes that got them into this mess; arrognatly assuming that the EU will want to do exactly what they want despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

The EU has no interest in re-negotiating the backstop, they've made that absolutely clear a number of times over the past few weeks but now May is going to now go to a meeting with the EU and demand they renegotiate the backstop as well as the wider agreement? Idiot.

Looking back over the last decade of Tory/EU relations and you really have to call into question if the Tories have even the vaguest idea what a negotiation is, let alone how to conduct one. Oh and if you are a Bexiteer, do you seriously think these idiots can now put together trade deals?
Original post by mojojojo101
Parliament and the other government are making the same mistakes that got them into this mess; arrognatly assuming that the EU will want to do exactly what they want despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

The EU has no interest in re-negotiating the backstop, they've made that absolutely clear a number of times over the past few weeks but now May is going to now go to a meeting with the EU and demand they renegotiate the backstop as well as the wider agreement? Idiot.

Looking back over the last decade of Tory/EU relations and you really have to call into question if the Tories have even the vaguest idea what a negotiation is, let alone how to conduct one. Oh and if you are a Bexiteer, do you seriously think these idiots can now put together trade deals?

That was their mistake 2 yrs ago. Now it's licking the bottom of the ERG and the hard line Brexit backbenchers who comprise only 30% of Parliament. That's why the silly woman can't get anything to pass.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
That was their mistake 2 yrs ago. Now it's licking the bottom of the ERG and the hard line Brexit backbenchers who comprise only 30% of Parliament. That's why the silly woman can't get anything to pass.

But it isn't the ERG wanting her to re-negotiate.

This farce is perhaps the greatest rebuttal of the phrase 'sensible moderate' imaginable.
Original post by Your Local Cat
It sounds like a name of a cereal!

Klondike Pete's Golden Nuggets... now, that was the name of a cereal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending