The Student Room Group

Woman thrown off plane for “fat shaming”

Scroll to see replies

The airlines need to deal with the problem of large passengers far better. Seating someone between two of them is poor service.

I love the irony of one passenger complaining of being verbally abused by someone she calls 'a *****'.
United Airlines? She got off lucky, could have ended up very different...

Original post by Libtardian

HaH
Reply 4

snapes on a plane.jpg
Reply 5
They should charge more for big passengers and put that money into discounts for those sitting next to them. Rational and functional.
Reply 6

Over the past several months I watched the show, that brings back bad memories.
Reply 7
AMERICANS are known to be obese so it's no surprise
I would be pretty pissed off too if I had to sit next to a pair of fatties for the whole flight, if you can't fit in one seat you need buy two.

They should introduce a "you must be this wide" to go on this flight.
Well they clearly decided they were too fat to sit next to each other, can't really be annoyed when others agree.
Original post by Decahedron
I would be pretty pissed off too if I had to sit next to a pair of fatties for the whole flight, if you can't fit in one seat you need buy two.

I once spent a flight from Heathrow to New York entirly balanced on my left buttock because the woman on my right was spilling over into my seat. To be fair she was probably just as uncomfortable as me.
No.

Women kicked off flight for being verbally abusive.

If the two victims weren't fat, or the blonde lady was under 30, the Daily Mail article would be ripping the her to shreds for being a snowflake.
Original post by the beer
Well they clearly decided they were too fat to sit next to each other, can't really be annoyed when others agree.

Yep this.

The absolute shamelessness of that would annoy me more than the physical discomfort.
Original post by Decahedron

Like we do with our carry-on luggage. Makes sense.

"If you can fit this rope around your waist and touch the tips, you can get on the plane."

I would also suggest a B.O. test. If you fail they scrub you down and douse you in deodorant. Then you get to fly.
I thought you actually did have to pay for two seats if you were a certain size, suppose it's difficult to know beforehand if the person isn't honest.
I think it's fair enough to complain that people are spilling over into the already small space you paid for.

What makes this worse is that the fat couple were counting on having someone healthy sitting in between them so that they could indeed spill over their space. They chose window and aisle seats of the same row for a reason - if you want to chat to someone on a flight you make sure nobody's in between you.
the bigger problem here is why she's on the phone chatting sh*t about people shes right next to like no respect at all. she got kicked out because she was being a total dramatic b*tch. couldn't she have dealt with them in a mature way??? so so so rude. she's lucky she didn't get slapped
Did you know?

1 in 10 Americans weigh as much as the other 9.
Well, she did not receive the same service as other passengers. What she should have done though is taken the flight, taken photos and videos, then gone to a doctor to complain and gotten a fat handout.

And this is ridiculous anyway, we have to someone pretend fat people aren't fat and are a nuisance to others, while pointing out the truth is somehow rude and unacceptable.
Reply 19
No-one mentioning the inherent awfulness of sitting next to a person on a phone?

I was on a busy train once next to a very fat woman. Kept lifting the arm rest, which I put down when she was up to go to the toilet and stuff (personal space, innit?) because she clearly couldn't fit in her own seat. Eventually I got up and sat on the floor for a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending