The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'm Steph, I take English, Geography and Art and predicted an A* in English, A in Art and A in Geography. I've applied to Bristol for Liberal Arts with a Year Abroad, Durham for Liberal Arts, St Andrews for English with Art History, Edinburgh for English with Art History and Liberal Arts and Sciences at UCL. I wanted to take Liberal Arts becauseI love English and Art History and its a good way of just merging them together. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hiya!!! I'm Daisy. I am currently studying English Literature, History and Theatre Studies and am predicted 3 As. I am applying for Leeds (first choice), Royal Holloway (second choice), Exeter, Warwick and Aberystwyth. My Major will be Theatre and I want to do Liberal Arts because I don't want to give up History and English, and I'd also like to take Politics modules. I want to become a theatre critic and think that taking modules across other subjects will be really useful for this. :smile:
Reply 3
Name: Erin
Predicted grades: A*A*B and Distinction in a BTEC
Unis I’ve applied to: Durham, KCL, Exeter, Bristol, Birmingham
Major: English Literature but I want to make whichever degree I do as mixed as possible!! Also want to do Japanese, art history, philosophy, economics and gender studies. I want to do liberal arts because I am too curious about lots of things and know I couldn’t stand doing a single or even joint honours! I want to go into banking or law or do a masters- liberal arts gives me all the options, which I love :smile:
Reply 4
hey! i'm ahlaam. i study english lit, history, and french - A*A*A predicted. i've applied to cambridge (human, social, and political sciences), ucl (european social and political sciences), durham, exeter and soas. i'm absolutely in love with the liberal arts because my two passions are interdisciplinary art and politics. i love the broadness offered by the course and the ability to explore different subjects - i'm also really keen to carry on with languages. basically, i could never pick a single subject lol. have any of you got any offers yet?
Hiya! I was wondering if you've had an offer fro Durham yet? It seems like its been ages and they've not replied to me lol

(Original post by lcme2018)Name: Erin
Major: English Literature but I want to make whichever degree I do as mixed as possible!! Also want to do Japanese, art history, philosophy, economics and gender studies. I want to do liberal arts because I am too curious about lots of things and know I couldn’t stand doing a single or even joint honours! I want to go into banking or law or do a masters- liberal arts gives me all the options, which I love :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by stephaniekelly01
Hiya! I was wondering if you've had an offer fro Durham yet? It seems like its been ages and they've not replied to me lol

(Original post by lcme2018)Name: Erin

i actually substituted Durham for Edinburgh last week, but friends who applied before the oxbridge deadline still haven't heard anything x
HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM DURHAM FROM LIBERAL ARTS YET???? xxxx
Name: Isabelle

Grades/Predicted Grades: Predicted A in Spanish, 770 & 740 in SAT US Hist and Lit

Universities you are applying to: Leeds (liberal arts), Oxford (PPL), Bristol (liberal arts), Exeter (liberal arts), Manchester (drama and lit)

Why you want to do Liberal Arts: There are many subjects that I'm interested in and I think liberal arts will let me pursue them and attain a deeper all-round understanding.
Name: Audrey
Grades/Predicted Grades: 38 (IB Points) with HL 7-Geography 7-Business and Management 6 - English Lit
Universities you are applying to: Durham(liberal arts), KCL(liberal arts), Bristol (Liberal arts), Exeter(Liberal Arts) and SOAS (Creative arts)
Major: English Lit or Archeology (not sure yet :smile: )
Why you want to do Liberal Arts: Breadth and depth
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by millacharlotte
HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM DURHAM FROM LIBERAL ARTS YET???? xxxx
no still waiting ajhhhhh
Name: Abigail
Grades: Already achieved D*D* in BTEC Music, predicted A*A in Philosophy and English Language
Universities: Oxford, Durham x2, St Andrews, Kent
Major: Philosophy and Theology joint, will probably make a choice on one by final year :smile::smile:
Why: I’ve always been someone who wishes I could study everything because I find everything so interesting! The way all subjects interact and intersect is so fascinating to me :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Name: Amy
Grades/Predicted Grades: AAA (I have a B in AS Level English Lit)
Universities you are applying to: Queen's, Dundee, Exeter, Birmingham (and International Relations and Spanish and Latin American Studies at Aberdeen)
Major: International Relations
Why you want to do Liberal Arts: I love the breadth that Liberal Arts courses offer and as someone with a wide range of interests I thought I would really enjoy studying it :smile:
Name: Elin (Hi!)
Grades/Predicted Grades: AAA
Universities you are applying to: King’s College London, Exeter, Nottingham, Royal Holloway, Keele
Major: Not sure, probably Politics or History
Why you want to do Liberal Arts: Same as everyone else clearly - think breadth of subjects gives better understanding!
Just got an offer to Exeter! Anyone else?
Original post by Elinrebekah
Just got an offer to Exeter! Anyone else?

Congrats!!!! Not yet! Fingers crossed!
Name: Favour Emeka
Predicted Grades: Sociology = A* ; French = A ; History = A
Major: Not sure yet but leaning towards French
I want to study Liberal Arts simply because I don’t know what I want to do with my life yet and would love to not have to chose one certain path right away.

I applied to Exeter with a Year Abroad, Warwick, Kings College London, SOAS and Essex with a Year Abroad. So far Kings, SOAS and as of 12:30pm today Warwick has accepted me! 3/5 so far with one interview/applicant day at Essex, I’m super happy!
Reply 17
Just got an offer from Durham! Anyone know what campus code Z means?

Edit: apparently it means that they haven't chosen a college yet
(edited 5 years ago)
I’ve just got an offer from Exeter!! Is this anyone’s first choice?xx
Reply 19
Original post by rlewa
Just got an offer from Durham! Anyone know what campus code Z means?

Edit: apparently it means that they haven't chosen a college yet

Omg amazing well done! I still haven’t heard :frown: what was the offer if you don’t mind me asking?

Latest