Oxford

Oxford brookes uni chat 2019

This is a chat for those who are applying to Brooke’s, starting 2019,

Tell us which halls you are going to stay in and what you want to study :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I've applied for Biological Sciences

I love music too, favourite past time to find new artists and listen to their work. Current obsession is Tom Grennan
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
currently thinking about Cheney :smile:
Original post by pigll
Hey I’ve applied for child nursing and I’m a fan of Harry Potter x
What accommodation is everyone looking at?
I've got Brookes as my insurance for Japanese (but my firm's offer is really high so I doubt I'll get in), really got my eyes on parade green but they'll probably all be gone by the time results day comes around. Any other Japanese applicants here?
Reply 4
I'm also starting on the architecture course 2019

I love travelling and experiencing new places / cultures
oooh sammmee
Going to study Film!

Haven't confirmed my choice yet, though I think I will choose Brookes (really liked Oxford when I visited the city once).
As for accommodation was thinking of Clive Booth.

A funfact? i don't know, I like playing music and singing (and I'm an international student)

Anyway, what societies are people gonna to join?
(edited 5 years ago)
Unconditional at Oxford Brookes. It's my firm choice (already accepted) and I'm studying Computer Science.
I have a very big obsession with Line of Duty!

As for Accommodation I'm thinking Paul Kent or Thames Street
Reply 8
Offered a place for postgraduate motorsport engineering. Probably will be looking for an affordable private accommodation.

Original post by HelenaCarlsen
Going to study Film!

Haven't confirmed my choice yet, though I think I will choose Brookes (really liked Oxford when I visited the city once).
As for accommodation was thinking of Clive Booth.

A funfact? i don't know, I like playing music and singing (and I'm an international student)

Anyway, what societies are people gonna to join?

Looking at Nordic (culture), Italian (food & culture) and Japanese (food) societies. Which societies are you contemplating in joining?

Cool, will like to pick up some knowledge from you regarding film critique and film making if you like to. :smile:
I am going to be studying Law. I am so excited as it's always something I have really wanted to do. As for accommodation, I am undecided between Slade Park, Cheyney Student Village and Parade Green. How about you?
Original post by Nathan B
This is a chat for those who are applying to Brooke’s, starting 2019,

Tell us what you want to study and a fun fact about yourself

I am going to study architecture and I love to produce music and experiment with sound
Unconditional at Brookes with point of entry 2 and I’ll be studying in Architecture too! I’m an international student and I’ll be bringing my cat to the UK so now I’m struggling on finding accommodation since there really isn’t much choice.
Reply 11
Molly I’m hoping for Parade Green
Oh cool, I actually recently just booked my room in Slade. Wasn't keen on waiting till July to find out as I was able to apply directly to slade which means I was guaranteed a room which I'm happy about! Hope you get Parade that would have been one of my choices too :smile:
Original post by Nathan B
Molly I’m hoping for Parade Green
hey i’m Chloe and i’ve been accepted into the biomedical science program. i’m coming from the usa & want to make some friends before i get there :smile:
um could someone explain what “point of entry 2” is, please? my offer says point of entry 1 and i just don’t know what this means
Original post by angelinawy
Unconditional at Brookes with point of entry 2 and I’ll be studying in Architecture too! I’m an international student and I’ll be bringing my cat to the UK so now I’m struggling on finding accommodation since there really isn’t much choice.
If you have ‘point of entry 1’ means you’ll start from year 1. In my case I have point of entry 2 meaning that I’ll start my study from year 2. Hope that helps with your question :smile:
sorry forgot to quote, I was answering chloe’s question. Please check it above.

Original post by chloenickole
um could someone explain what “point of entry 2” is, please? my offer says point of entry 1 and i just don’t know what this means
oooohhhhh. duh. yes, thank you!
Original post by angelinawy
If you have ‘point of entry 1’ means you’ll start from year 1. In my case I have point of entry 2 meaning that I’ll start my study from year 2. Hope that helps with your question :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by S140686
I'm also starting on the architecture course 2019

I love travelling and experiencing new places / cultures

Where are you from?
Reply 19
Original post by Lucy_col3008
currently thinking about Cheney :smile:

What have u applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending