The Student Room Group

Network Rail Apprenticeship

I’ve applied for the September 2019 intake for the Level 3 Network Rail Apprenticeship has anyone heard anything back yet? I applied on the 15th January when the applications opened, 🤞🏼 I got an email saying my scores will be compared with other applicants
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I applied on the 20th, waiting for a response too. Just got the email saying my scores will be compared to other applicants
Reply 2
Yeah, I’ve seen pretty much everywhere people saying how long the whole process takes from first applying to actually being offered the job. And same! I’d like to know whether I’ve passed the sjt too
Reply 3
I hope so too! Let me know if you hear anything :smile:
Hey, I've applied to both apprenticeship schemes in March and September. You guys are right about the process being incredibly long depending on your application details. I've applied for the march scheme in September 2018 and I'm still waiting to hear back for the situational test. The reason for this is because network rail reviews applications in order of depots. I've applied for a preferred depot that they happen to review more later than others.
Reply 5
Original post by Aaron.r22
Hey, I've applied to both apprenticeship schemes in March and September. You guys are right about the process being incredibly long depending on your application details. I've applied for the march scheme in September 2018 and I'm still waiting to hear back for the situational test. The reason for this is because network rail reviews applications in order of depots. I've applied for a preferred depot that they happen to review more later than others.

You’re still waiting to hear back about your sjt after 5 or so months?! That’s an extremely long time for them to keep you waiting, yikes. So, if the depot I’ve applied for has a lot of applications going for it, does that mean I’ll have to wait longer than others?
Original post by jadesxx
You’re still waiting to hear back about your sjt after 5 or so months?! That’s an extremely long time for them to keep you waiting, yikes. So, if the depot I’ve applied for has a lot of applications going for it, does that mean I’ll have to wait longer than others?

If there are more applications for your preferred depot then you would probably have to wait slightly longer. The depot you selected could prolong the whole process by a little bit or by a long time.
I think I put down London Waterloo as my preferred depot. Anyways, I called them again and he said I would hear from them within a week.
Reply 8
Original post by Student47392
Fair enough I hope you hear something soon let us know if you can, I’ve applied to Gateshead

I’ve applied for romford. Although I heard about people being put all over the place
Reply 9
I wouldn’t have an issue in going to another depot as there’s quite a few near where I live. However, you can swap with someone willing to swap if you get in the situation where you dont like your allocated depot 😁it’s just a case of finding that person that will swap
Reply 10
No worries, let’s hope we hear something soon🤞🏼
Reply 11
For those who applied for the march 2019 intake and got emails regarding thier application and invitation to assessment centre,,does anyone know when is actual start date for the apprenticeship ? Like end of march or the start of match? Thanks
It takes a long time took my son 6 months from 1st applying to getting the answer as to if he got the apprenticeship or not . It’s a long waiting game not nice
Reply 13
Did you get a phone call or an email? Still not heard anything since I first applied in January. Just an email stating they had my application.
Reply 14
Oooo good luck!! Let us know how it goes for you. I’m sure you’ll do great x
Reply 15
That’s sounds promising! I’m glad it went good for you. When abouts is your assessment centre date?
Reply 16
That’s not too bad then! Good luck on the assessment centre! Hoping I hear something either way soon at this point.
Reply 17
Just got an email from NW stating they’re changing recruitment partners. Got me a bit excited seeing an email from them only for me to realise it was just them telling me they’ve changed partners😂 this is such a painful waiting game
Booked a call back as I couldn't answer at the time, anyone know how long the call will take?
Original post by Jambla95
Booked a call back as I couldn't answer at the time, anyone know how long the call will take?

They said 20mins but mine was actually 12mins

Quick Reply