The Student Room Group

MA Social work - missed bursary deadline

I’ve applied for MA Social work and I’m aware that you can apply for the NHS bursary and you can’t get both the bursary and the postgraduate loan. However, I have missed the deadline for applying for the NHS bursary can I apply for a postgraduate loan? Or does that mean I will have no funding at all? Also, when I applied for the MA Social work for some reason on ucas I had to apply through the undergraduate route, although the courses were all postgraduate. Does this mean if I want help from SFE then I’ll need to apply as an undergraduate again?
Original post by allie13
I’ve applied for MA Social work and I’m aware that you can apply for the NHS bursary and you can’t get both the bursary and the postgraduate loan. However, I have missed the deadline for applying for the NHS bursary can I apply for a postgraduate loan? Or does that mean I will have no funding at all? Also, when I applied for the MA Social work for some reason on ucas I had to apply through the undergraduate route, although the courses were all postgraduate. Does this mean if I want help from SFE then I’ll need to apply as an undergraduate again?

Hi Allie,

We don't have acces to UCAS applications so we cannot advise on this. As far as we're concoerned, what you've described seems to be a postgraduate course and it does not attract undergrdaute funding unless you choose an undergrdaute course.

Do you have evidence to confirm that you are not in receipt of the social work bursary?

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi Allie,

We don't have acces to UCAS applications so we cannot advise on this. As far as we're concoerned, what you've described seems to be a postgraduate course and it does not attract undergrdaute funding unless you choose an undergrdaute course.

Do you have evidence to confirm that you are not in receipt of the social work bursary?

Regards,
Nihad

Hi Nihad,
What kind of evidence would show that I’m not in receipt of the funding? I haven’t applied for any as I have missed the deadline. If I applied for a postgraduate loan would they be able to check and see that I’m not in receipt of it? And then would I be eligible for the post graduate loan?
Original post by allie13
Hi Nihad,
What kind of evidence would show that I’m not in receipt of the funding? I haven’t applied for any as I have missed the deadline. If I applied for a postgraduate loan would they be able to check and see that I’m not in receipt of it? And then would I be eligible for the post graduate loan?

Hello Allie,

Students are not eligible for a Postgraduate Loan (PGL) where they are eligible to apply for a healthcare bursary or are in receipt of a social work bursary from any of the following:

National Health Service (NHS)
Department of Health (DoH)
Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)

We are aware that there are only a limited number of social work bursaries available. If a student is not awarded a social work bursary after applying for one, you may apply for a PGL. We will need evidence to confirm that you are not in receipt of the social work bursary; this could be an email or a letter from your university.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending