The Student Room Group

UCL or Imperial Medicine 2019 entry?

UCL or Imperial Medicine 2019 entry?

I got an offer from both for A*AA and I can't decide which one to firm
I really liked UCL, place and atmosphere but I liked Imperial a lot as well

Help!!!!!!
Congrats on getting both offers! I’m in the exact same situation and finding it so hard to decide :/
Reply 2
Original post by itstheboss
Congrats on getting both offers! I’m in the exact same situation and finding it so hard to decide :/

You too! How are you gonna decide which to go to?
Thanks! I’ve always had my heart set on going to UCL but after the interview I found that I preferred Imperial’s campus. I’m probably going to look through their courses in detail again and compare them and maybe revisit both unis to confirm which one I prefer.
Are there conditions on the A* for either? Like it needs to be specific subjects?

What are your predicted grades and how confident are you in achieving them for each subject? Do you have any other offers or waiting to hear back from other unis?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SanityGone
Are there conditions on the A* for either? Like it needs to be specific subjects?

My conditions were A*AA with A*A in Biology and Chemistry in any order for Imperial and A*AA including Biology and Chemistry so I assume I can get AA for Bio and Chem for UCL but one of those subjects have to he A* for Imperial
I’ve got the same conditions for imperial, I’m predicted 3xA* but I’m most confident in my maths for the A*. In my situation with your offers I’d firm imperial and insure UCL just in case I didn’t hit the A* in the sciences if I liked both unis equally and didn’t have any AAA offers. Nice choice to have to make though 😎
I’ve got the same conditions for imperial, I’m predicted 3xA* but I’m most confident in my maths for the A*. In my situation with your offers I’d firm imperial and insure UCL just in case I didn’t hit the A* in the sciences if I liked both unis equally and didn’t have any AAA offers. Nice choice to have to make though 😎

Ah thanks for the advice! I do have an AAA offer from Newcastle though so it might be more sensible for me to insure that instead. Never thought I’d be in a position where I have to decline a medicine offer 😭
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by itstheboss
.... Never thought I’d be in a position where I have to decline a medicine offer 😭

There are worse problems to have!

Im very happy to have an imperial offer. I’m still waiting to hear from my other choices and am hoping for more, but you only need one offer and I’ve got the one I want. I’m trying to stop stressing about the rest and focus on hitting the grades
There are worse problems to have!

Im very happy to have an imperial offer. I’m still waiting to hear from my other choices and am hoping for more, but you only need one offer and I’ve got the one I want. I’m trying to stop stressing about the rest and focus on hitting the grades

That’s very true! I’m so grateful tbh. Hope your other offers come through soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending