The Student Room Group

Do you need gcse science to get into uni to do computer science?

I didn't get my science GCSEs but I want to go to uni, do you need GCSE science in order to get accepted into uni to do computer science
Reply 1
Original post by Omzy.
I didn't get my science GCSEs but I want to go to uni, do you need GCSE science in order to get accepted into uni to do computer science

Not usually.
Depends on the uni.
I know some people doing undergrad computer science who don't have any gcse's or a levels.
good uni yes
bad uni no
Reply 4
Original post by tesconyc
good uni yes
bad uni no

If i do btec applied science level 2 would that be the same as the GCSE qualification.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
Depends on the uni.
I know some people doing undergrad computer science who don't have any gcse's or a levels.

but don't you need GCSE maths, English and a btec level 3 or a levels to get into uni and do computer science?
Reply 6
Original post by tesconyc
good uni yes
bad uni no

Could you cite a "good" uni that requires GCSE Science as a prerequisite for a Computer Science degree?
Original post by Omzy.
but don't you need GCSE maths, English and a btec level 3 or a levels to get into uni and do computer science?

It depends on the uni.
Some are willing to waive admissions requirements.
Or have a policy of accepting applicants through entrance routes that recognize non-academic learning/experience.
Others are unwavering in their stated entry requirements.
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on the uni.
Some are willing to waive admissions requirements.
Or have a policy of accepting applicants through entrance routes that recognize non-academic learning/experience.
Others are unwavering in their stated entry requirements.

I really need to step my game up and get a 4 in English and maths this year so I can go onto level 3 ICT or computer science so I can then go to higher education which will be computer science.
Reply 9
Thank you anyway for your help, I might do a btec applied science level 2 and then do level 3 Ict.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending