The Student Room Group

Tescos to axe 15,000 jobs and close meat and deli counters

Scroll to see replies

It's not as bad as originally presented, I listened in to the evening reports and job losses were down to 9,000. At this rate, it shouldn't be too bad by the morning. Just another day of doom and gloom on the media screen, never mind that unemployment is historically low.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by zhog
It's not as bad as originally presented, I listened in to the evening reports and job losses were down to 9,000. At this rate, it shouldn't be too bad by the morning. Just another day of doom and gloom on the media screen, never mind that unemployment is historically low.

The 15,000 jobs are still going - all Tesco are saying is they hope to keep 6,000 of the people in those jobs in other roles which leaves 9,000 heading to the dole queue
Reply 22
Original post by zhog

Didn't take you long to pivot to alleging media bias did it...?
Original post by DSilva
Didn't take you long to pivot to alleging media bias did it...?

Not in this case, just sensationalist and loose with facts. There's a better bone to pick somewhere else, if you like and can find it.
Reply 24
Original post by zhog
Not in this case, just sensationalist and loose with facts. There's a better bone to pick somewhere else, if you like and can find it.

So you're annoyed at the media reporting a true story?

How is it sensationalist?
Original post by DSilva
So you're annoyed at the media reporting a true story?

How is it sensationalist?

What, the 15,000 redundancies? You missed my post where I said that by the end of the day the media were talking about 9,000.
Reply 26
Original post by zhog
What, the 15,000 redundancies? You missed my post where I said that by the end of the day the media were talking about 9,000.

And as you've said, it was reported by the media... The same Media you accuse of not reporting accurately... The Guardian, Sky and BBC all had the 9,000 figure in their article headlines. This is like when you were annoyed at the BBC for putting a business related story in its business section.

You do realise that the vast majority of the print media is pro Tory and consistently endorses them during elections? The Mail, Express, Telegraph, Times, Sun, Financial Times etc. I don't remember you having any issue with that... How strange.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending