- chemistry (higher tier)
- English literature
- English Language
- Geography
- Spanish (higher tier)
- computer science
- religious studies
- astronomy

I am looking for advice on weather choices like this will advantage or disadvantage me with things such as university applications in the future. I am extremely passionate about maths and always have been and it is also my strongest area and what I plan to study at university. Do you think my chosen GCSEs will allow me to get in to a top university doing a maths degree (assuming I achieve high grades)? Am I disadvantaging myself by not choosing an artistic subject as well e.g: art, textiles, music, drama? Thank you very much for your help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Zoeeeeeeee
I am in year 9 and for my GCSES I am planing on choosing:
- mathematics (higher tier)
- biology (higher tier)
- physics (higher tier)
- chemistry (higher tier)
- English literature
- English Language
- Geography
- Spanish (higher tier)
- computer science
- religious studies
- astronomy

I am looking for advice on weather choices like this will advantage or disadvantage me with things such as university applications in the future. I am extremely passionate about maths and always have been and it is also my strongest area and what I plan to study at university. Do you think my chosen GCSEs will allow me to get in to a top university doing a maths degree (assuming I achieve high grades)? Am I disadvantaging myself by not choosing an artistic subject as well e.g: art, textiles, music, drama? Thank you very much for your help :smile:

Your choices are fine. Are they the subjects *you* actually prefer and enjoy?
Reply 2
Ok take a step back for a levels they are not looking at what you did so much as what you got so don’t worry about doing a ton of academic subjects what matters more than the grades is the interview and well you don’t have to worry about that now. So take a step back look at the subjects you enjoy not just the teachers or the prospect of a good grade like what do you look forwards to doing in the week. For options I always believe no matter how academically minded you are you should have at least one subject you picked that you genuinely enjoy
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tamjm1
Ok take a step back for a levels they are not looking at what you did so much as what you got so don’t worry about doing a ton of academic subjects what matters more than the grades is the interview and well you don’t have to worry about that now. So take a step back look at the subjects you enjoy not just the teachers or the prospect of a good grade like what do you look forwards to doing in the week. For options I always believe no matter how academically minded you are you should have at least one subject you picked that you genuinely enjoy

The OP has a GCSE subjects request, not A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
The OP has a GCSE subjects request, not A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know however they are going on about aleavels and unis and so I’m trying to say that there’s no point picking subjects just because you think they look good or will get you into a good collage because at the end of the day not only will it be hell to get the grades in a subject you don’t love but it doesn’t even actually matter as there is much more taken into consideration than just what you took when it comes to getting into alevels

Quick Reply

Latest