The Student Room Group

i need help

I'm retaking my maths GCSEs I got a grade 4 and really need a grade 5 I need help.
I'm retaking English lit and lang I got a grade 3 in them an I need help urgently there coming up in less than a month and I don't know how to revise for them im devasted i need help with these two subjects the most im so scared of them

also, citizenship gcse 9-1 as we are the first year doing it and it is so hard
creative imedia coursework is so hard If anyone can help please please please do
in total i got 4 gcses an i want 5 more (9 in total) so badly

thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gcse.retake
I'm retaking my maths GCSEs I got a grade 4 and really need a grade 5 I need help.
I'm retaking English lit and lang I got a grade 3 in them an I need help urgently there coming up in less than a month and I don't know how to revise for them im devasted i need help with these two subjects the most im so scared of them

creative imedia coursework is so hard If anyone can help please please please do

thanks

If you are struggling then the thing to do is talk to your teachers at school. They are in the best place to help you.
Reply 2
For English look at Mr Bruff on YouTube.

For Maths, there are a few:

Corbett Maths
Hagarty Maths
Primrose Kitten
Reply 3
For English Lit - have you tried out Seneca Learning? They've got a course on poetry and are bringing more out - I find real useful because sorts into themes of the poems, helps you with comparisons and also makes learning quotes way easier.

For maths - https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/ this site has some pretty good resources that I find useful. Work sheets on every topic, so you can really target what you want to work on

But basically with all subjects, do as much testing as you can (flashcards, homemade quizzes, past papers, exercises etc) and try and make yourself a timetable as then you can ensure you're on track. And timetables really help to motivate me..
Original post by gcse.retake

thanks

definitely, do more practice papers, maybe rewrite the key parts of your notes. my chemistry teacher always told us that it would be great if we wrote our notes, but if we are under very limited time constraints, focus on doing the past papers. handwrite your notes, it would help so much. find the areas that you are struggling in and that you made a lot of mistakes in an put more focus into that.
Reply 5
maths genie website really good
Original post by Purdy7
For English look at Mr Bruff on YouTube.

For Maths, there are a few:

Corbett Maths
Hagarty Maths
Primrose Kitten

I think there's this website called increasingly difficult questions that will also help for math too
Khan Academy might help too, they have a whole bunch of subjects over there too
Original post by Mackenzie_lai
Khan Academy might help too, they have a whole bunch of subjects over there too

This is from 10 months ago....
(Original post by CatusStarbright)This is from 10 months ago....

Well if anyone wants to ask the same question again and find this thread, they can use it even tho it's from 10 months ago

Quick Reply

Latest