The Student Room Group

Public nudity

Mates
first of all i wanna tell don't thing anything wrong seeing this title.i'm from a conservative asian country,where nudity is such a thing that is regarded as public shame.
But we all know for some european countries it's not a big deal .
But for some conservative country it's a quite big deal.
I think uk is one of them.britons have always been considered as a modest nation.i think they never deal with such indecent things.
But i'm really afraid,i'm too sorry,there are some nud*st beaches in uk.and there is somewhat a weird bike race i don't know what it's called where people ride bikes putting on no clothes.
Sorry but i put this thread on tsr cos here some threads like this and this forum is mainly used by british people.
I like uk too much.after getting such news i can not tell my feelings but i'm so upset.cos i like this country too much <3.
I've never been in uk. So friends please tell me what is real condition and please tell me what's your views on nudity.
I request you guys not to make any weird comment and please don't mind me wrong for such a question.
In this world girls are often seen too sexually. I really hate this(i'm a guy).i think you all are lucky cos you are born in such a great country:smile:
please tell me is it socially accepted or still considered as weird disrespectful thing(in uk).

Scroll to see replies

In the 25 years I have been in the UK I have only seen a handful a totally naked people and all of them were at raves.

It is seen as pretty weird.
Reply 2
Original post by Decahedron
In the 25 years I have been in the UK I have only seen a handful a totally naked people and all of them were at raves.

so it's pretty common in uk.you are making me frighten.
in south asian country people defecate in public.But nly poor and lower caste people.They are quite poor and that's why they are compelled to do so.But now government is taking steps to prevent it.But it's not revelry.
But this type of public nudity is weird.Do upper class educated people take it as a common thing.what's the views of new generation?
Reply 3

and mate are u british??:smile:
Does seem like the only places it's acceptable to be naked in public over here are gym changing rooms and nudist beaches, whereas in other countries (particularly other countries around Europe) it's totally normal to go to a beach and see girls with their tata's out.
Reply 5
I'd rather be in a country where you are free to be nude
than belong to one where you are forced to cover up
stop being so damn sensitive. we have nudist beaches to show how free we are as a nation, this doesn't mean that people randomly walk around naked all day every day. its still weird to see in your everyday life but its really not that deep
no idea why it 'frightens' you, it would frighten me more if we weren't allowed to do that
Original post by boy0123
so it's pretty common in uk.you are making me frighten.
in south asian country people defecate in public.But nly poor and lower caste people.They are quite poor and that's why they are compelled to do so.But now government is taking steps to prevent it.But it's not revelry.
But this type of public nudity is weird.Do upper class educated people take it as a common thing.what's the views of new generation?

No, it is very uncommon.
Original post by boy0123
and mate are u british??:smile:

Yes
Reply 7
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Does seem like the only places it's acceptable to be naked in public over here are gym changing rooms and nudist beaches, whereas in other countries (particularly other countries around Europe) it's totally normal to go to a beach and see girls with their tata's out.

but mate what's about the naked bike ride? and how new generation is taking it? what's your views ?
how parents take it? how do children take it?
Original post by boy0123
but mate what's about the naked bike ride? and how new generation is taking it? what's your views ?
how parents take it? how do children take it?

It's definitely a one off. Generally, if someone was nude in public, especially if there were kids around, the police would probably be called :rofl: My view is that we should embrace nudity more like the rest of our fellow Euro's. Sure, we're nowhere near as conservative as countries in the middle East for example where it's considered shameful for women to even have their knees on show in some places, but again I think it's only healthy to embrace the human body rather than tying nudity and sex together so closely.
Reply 9
It's definitely a one off. Generally, if someone was nude in public, especially if there were kids around, the police would probably be called :rofl: My view is that we should embrace nudity more like the rest of our fellow Euro's. Sure, we're nowhere near as conservative as countries in the middle East for example where it's considered shameful for women to even have their knees on show in some places, but again I think it's only healthy to embrace the human body rather than tying nudity and sex together so closely.

Does anyone want his/her partner goes n*k*d in public.so that the rest of the world can see whatever he/she only deserves to do?? now u say your opinion:biggrin:
mate I'm not talking about such things that u should cover your whole body to keep your modesty.I'm just saying public nudity is not acceptable .If it's art then display it in segregated place.so that the like minded people can have the pleasure of enjoying public nudity.But it should not be in public.for britain...of course big nooooooooooo...
cos it's a country where modesty abides in,i think:colone:
Original post by boy0123
Does anyone want his/her partner goes n*k*d in public.so that the rest of the world can see whatever he/she only deserves to do?? now u say your opinion:biggrin:
mate I'm not talking about such things that u should cover your whole body to keep your modesty.I'm just saying public nudity is not acceptable .If it's art then display it in segregated place.so that the like minded people can have the pleasure of enjoying public nudity.But it should not be in public.for britain...of course big nooooooooooo...
cos it's a country where modesty abides in,i think:colone:

It may be worth noting that there is no law against public nudity in the UK as long as you haven't done it purposely to shock.

Art with nudity is openly displayed in all art galleries containing such art.
Reply 11
It may be worth noting that there is no law against public nudity in the UK as long as you haven't done it purposely to shock.

Art with nudity is openly displayed in all art galleries containing such art.

but mate what's new generation thinking of it?are they taking it as a simple thing?I'm asking what parents,children think about it??

no wonder. ****ing woodie would fuxk
Reply 13
Original post by John hopkins7305
no wonder. ****ing woodie would fuxk

mate..don't make such weird reply
if u are from uk,then tell me what's the real condition?please
Original post by boy0123
but mate what's new generation thinking of it?are they taking it as a simple thing?I'm asking what parents,children think about it??

I think younger generations are becoming more liberal in their thinking and doing away with what our previous generations thought. We are far less modest as a nation than say even 50 years ago. It is a good thing.
Reply 15
Thanks mate,for your detailed information.
mate,though i'm a male,yet i'd say women have power to maintain our society in sense of modesty.
As u said british women are very unlikely to go topless in beaches,that means they are still conservative.I respect them cos they are not only covering their body shame but also the social shame.you may say that what i'm talking about.
just think a bit,it's only women who have the power of being a mum of a child.I've always been respecting women but i also do think they should also possess the power and right to get the respect.
but for art,it should be legal.i'm not saying that a naked human body is the ugliest thing in the world,yeah if it's seen as a beauty of nature then it's alright.but it should be displayed in segregated place.naked bike race is openly in public.it should be made illegal,i think.
i really respect british people for their own decent,modest culture:smile:
Reply 16
I know it's pretty common in some european countries.But UK is not that kind of country.so what do u wanna tell?
I think if it's for art then it's not bad thing but yet it should be displayed in segregated place.please guys also share your opinions...
Original post by boy0123
Thanks mate,for your detailed information.
mate,though i'm a male,yet i'd say women have power to maintain our society in sense of modesty.
As u said british women are very unlikely to go topless in beaches,that means they are still conservative.I respect them cos they are not only covering their body shame but also the social shame.you may say that what i'm talking about.
just think a bit,it's only women who have the power of being a mum of a child.I've always been respecting women but i also do think they should also possess the power and right to get the respect.
but for art,it should be legal.i'm not saying that a naked human body is the ugliest thing in the world,yeah if it's seen as a beauty of nature then it's alright.but it should be displayed in segregated place.naked bike race is openly in public.it should be made illegal,i think.
i really respect british people for their own decent,modest culture:smile:

The naked bike race won’t be illegal so you lost their point but art belong in an art gallery or Museum
Reply 18
Original post by Professional G
The naked bike race won’t be illegal so you lost their point but art belong in an art gallery or Museum

but mate,why you are supporting it:frown:?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by boy0123
but mate,why you are supporting it:frown:?
It seems if u get the oppotunity then ____u are making me frighten:eek:

Whats wrong with it? No one else cares about it here

Quick Reply

Latest